As a member of the formulation team at SpecGx LLC, this individual will be responsible for set-up, operation, cleaning, repair & preventative maintenance of a wide variety of pharmaceutical development equipment in oral dosage area. This includes but is not limited to blenders, tablet presses, fluid bed processors, tablet coater, granulators, mills and etc. The position will focus on formulation/process development, scale up/tech transfer, registration, and pre-validation activities in support of R&D formulators.
- Support R&D formulators in the formulation/process development, scale up, tech transfer, registration and pre-validation related activities.
- Set-up of pharmaceutical manufacturing equipment per written or oral instructions.
- Operation of pharmaceutical manufacturing equipment.
- Cleaning of equipment and facilities used during manufacturing.
- Provide troubleshooting and perform minor repair of equipment.
- Perform and document all preventative maintenance.
- General knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and control systems.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Vocational school certification, preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years in solid oral dosage manufacturing and/or R&D. cGMP experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of mechanics, electricity, and controls.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to function in a team environment.
- Proven skills working with cross-functional teams.
- MS Word, Excel
This position will work closely with formulation development scientists and other technicians in both R&D.
This position will be located at our Webster Groves R&D facility and will mainly be working within the Formulations Group.