Going to college is an important step on the journey to your first full-time job. But the path to figuring out your passion and graduating with an offer can feel overwhelming. MLT’s Career Prep program provides Fellows with a winning professional playbook, 18 months of one-on-one coaching, and an accelerating network of more than 8,000 MLT Rising Leaders. We will help you maximize your college and internship experiences, conquer the job search process, and accelerate your career. Are you a high-achieving Black, Latinx, or Native American college student graduating in Fall 2022, Spring 2023 or Summer 2023? Join one of the best career development programs for college students of color.
Your MLT Career Prep experience starts the summer before your junior year of college and continues through the beginning of your senior year. Here’s how MLT will help you achieve your goals:
- One-on-one coaching: An expert MLT Coach will guide you through the program and help you create a personalized career roadmap that your ties long-term career aspirations to near-term goals and development objectives.
- Personal clarity: You will gain insight into your strengths, passions, and development areas. You will define how these personal elements align with your ultimate career goals, allowing you to better tell your story in job interviews.
- Job search guidance: Fellows develop the skills and relationships needed for their target career and become better prepared for the recruiting process. MLT coaches provide resume and cover letter support, as well as critical insights on networking, interviewing, and relationship management.
- A powerful professional network: You will connect with a community of peers, who have similar interests and career aspirations, and join a network of more than 8,000 MLT Alumni, corporate partners, and other business leaders.
- Exposure and access to top employers: Career Prep Fellows receive access to the leading hiring organizations in consulting, technology, financial services, consumer goods, retail, and more — all seeking to recruit MLT talent for internships and full-time jobs.
- In-person and virtual seminars: Fellows attend mandatory weekend-seminars. Each event is designed to provide participants with the insights and skills needed to secure high-trajectory internships and jobs. Seminars include skill-building workshops, case studies, industry panels, and networking sessions. Content is delivered by our corporate partners, MLT coaches, and additional subject matter experts. Seminars are generally hosted on the campuses of MLT’s corporate partners. The typical time frames for these seminars are:
- Kickoff Seminar: August
- Interview & Analytical Skills Seminar: October/November
- Internship Accelerator (virtual): March/April
- Tech Trek (optional): May
- Closing Seminar: September
- College students obtaining a bachelor’s degree graduating in Fall 2022, Spring 2023, Summer 2023
- U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident (includes DACA participants)
- African American, Hispanic/Latinx, or Native American (if you represent more than one Race or Ethnicity, one of them must be African American, Hispanic/Latinx, or Native American)
- Fellows are expected to maintain at least a 3.0 GPA while participating in the program.
- Career interest in business or technology (but we accept all majors)
- Ability to complete monthly assignments and attend all virtual or in-person seminars
Application Components (follow the link to our website)
All application materials must be submitted through our online portal. Please do not send materials (including transcripts) via mail or email. There are five tasks to complete initially as a part of the application process:
- Preliminary Questionnaire
- Application Form
- Recommendation Request
- Resume upload
- Transcript upload (unofficial or official)
Those selected to continue in the process will have the opportunity to submit a video response.