Manhattan Youth is looking for several part-time After-school Front Desk Associates to join our dedicated team for the 2021-2022 school year. We are seeking punctual, reliable, responsible, intelligent, and assertive people to manage the front desks at after-school programs in schools around Manhattan.
As an After-school Front Desk Associate, you will play a critical role in keeping the children in our program safe. Front Desk Associates are expected to create a welcoming and friendly environment for the children and their caregivers as they enter and leave the school. Qualified candidates will enjoy interacting with people, love being around children of all ages, have a ready smile, and a lot of patience.
We are looking to fill multiple roles in order to return our after-school programs to in-person learning. These are part-time, hourly positions available during the school year from September through June, following the NYC DOE schedule. After-school programs run from 2:00-3:00 to 6:00pm Monday through Friday. Individual schedules will vary by school.
- Greet parents/caregivers and children as they enter the facility;
- Verify identification of parents/caregivers and children;
- Check-in and check-out children as the enter and leave the facility;
- Ensure children are leaving the facility accompanied by the appropriate adult;
- Provide accurate information and answer questions about the program;
- Communicate with on-site after-school program staff;
- Answer phones;
- Perform other job duties as required.
- Prior experience working with children;
- Prior experience working in a childcare or after-school setting a plus;
- Strong communication skills;
- Proactive self-starter with a team player mindset;
- Previous customer service experience a plus;
- Commitment to Manhattan Youth’s mission.