Manhattan Youth is seeking qualified Swim Instructors and Lifeguards for our year-round aquatics programs. Swim instructors work with swimmers of all ages spanning a wide range of abilities and are expected to create a positive and supportive learning environment. Candidates must be punctual, reliable, personable, and have a strong desire to work with children and families.
We are looking for instructors who can make swimming a fun, safe and memorable experience. Candidates should have experience working with children of various ages or have a background in swimming with a willingness to learn how to lead swim lessons. Previous experience with Parent and Child classes is a plus. Candidates should feel comfortable working with a wide range of participants.
Manhattan Youth swim programs include:
- Parent/Child Songs Classes (6 mo-2 years)
- Parent/Child Structured Swim Lessons (2-3 years)
- Private lessons for infants, toddlers, and preschool children (3-5 years)
- Private lessons for school age students (5-15 years)
- Semi-private swim lessons for school age students (5-15 years)
This is a part-time position. Candidates must be available to work Saturdays. Available shifts:
- Monday – Friday 3 pm – 7 pm.
- Saturday 8 am – 5 pm