Masakhane Center is seeking passionate, motivated people to join our education team! This is a remote internship that will provide online workshops to young people in and around the Newark, NJ community. Interns receive extensive training on a variety of sexuality topics and workshop facilitation techniques.
As an all-volunteer organization, this internship is unpaid. However, we are excited to announce the availability of four $500 stipends for local Black, Indigenous and Latinx queer, non-binary and trans folks to participate. At this time, these stipends are only available for our Spring 2021 interns. Check out more details below.
- Facilitate online sexuality education workshops for young people.
- Assist in the development of our Sexuality & Social Justice workshop series. This includes the development of workshops focusing on reproductive justice, trans liberation, immigrant justice, queer liberation, environmental justice, and Black, Latinx and Indigenous sexuality hxtories.
- Assist with social media planning and daily posting.
- Assist in the occasional planning and execution of special events.
This internship runs from January 5, 2021 to May 13, 2021.
Interns must attend a mandatory online training on the following days/times:
- January 5th through February 4th
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays
- 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
After completing training, interns must be available to work at least 10 hours per week on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and/or Thursdays.
WE ARE SEEKING PEOPLE WHO…
- Advocate for sex positive, pleasure-focused education.
- Advocate for reproductive justice, including full abortion rights and the rights of young pregnant and parenting folks.
- Advocate for the rights of people marginalized for their orientations, gender alignments and/or expressions.
- Have the ability to livestream or record themselves discussing a variety of sexuality topics. Interns must have reliable internet access during working hours.
- Have the ability to use (or learn to use) Microsoft Office365 and Google Classrooms.
- Are organized, reliable and creative.
- Have demonstrated the ability to work within a team and independently.
- Through the generous donations of our supporters, we are able to provide four $500 stipends to local Black, Indigenous and Latinx queer, non-binary and trans interns.
- Interns receiving a stipend must live in New Jersey.
HOW TO APPLY
The application deadline is December 1st. Apply by submitting an application via our website. Applicants are usually contacted within 48 hours. Please do not make follow-up calls.