An agency on the move, the Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) takes great pride in connecting the Commonwealth’s residents and communities. Powered by a growing data-analytics discipline – and working in conjunction with municipalities, public agencies and the private sector – we’re finding new ways to improve the Bay State’s transportation infrastructure.
The internship program provides opportunities to gain practical work experience in public administration. As a paid intern, you will be engaged in a variety of projects, and responsible for delivering results, both as an individual and as a member of a team. We welcome your fresh perspective and energy, as you gain experience in a state government environment. This is a great opportunity to jump start your career!
The Business Process Improvement Analyst Intern will work with various teams to compile information for current process mapping, task processing time, process duration and other benchmarking statistics that may also come from other states. The Intern will also analyze the data to determine areas and propose specific processes for improvement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect, analyze, and present results of new processes with use of available tools and data.
- Examine and validate existing processes performed within the company utilizing process mapping, flow charting & standard tools to document task processing and duration time for benchmarking and analysis.
- Identify improvement opportunities through the analysis of data/info relating to specific processes within a team and/or cross-functional teams.
- Document the processes–both current and proposed as well as issues and recommendations.
- Communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization verbally and in written form.
- Assist other OPMI teams in their projects based on need and availability.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to define problems, analyze data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and find workable solutions.
- Ability to observe and document processes, conduct time study to determine to assist in determining process cycle time.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to perform quantitative analysis and cost and benefit analysis.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Visio and Excel.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills.
- Energetic and enthusiastic to learn.
- Ability to work on various projects and multitask.
Education and Experience Required:
We are looking for a student who is seeking a 4-year college degree with focus on Industrial Engineering, Business Process Improvements and Analytics, Business Administration, IT Business Analysis, or related coursework.
- Internship experience or work experience in organizational projects is a plus.
- Knowledge of Business Process Methodologies such as Lean, Six Sigma, or Lean Six Sigma, is a plus.
*This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities and working conditions of the position. While it is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary
This co-op runs from January 2021 through May 2021. Flexible hours may be available to accommodate class schedule.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Alaina Seitz, Human Resource Specialist, at email@example.com.
This requisition will remain open until filled; however, first consideration will be given to those applicants who apply within the first 14 days.
Must be enrolled as a full-time student for spring of 2021.
All job applications must be submitted online through MassCareers to be considered.
For a disability‐related reasonable accommodation or alternative application method, call ADA Coordinator, Rita Dinunzio – (857) 368‐8738.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.