An agency on the move, the Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) takes great pride in connecting the Commonwealth’s residents and communities. Powered by a growing data-analytics discipline – and working in conjunction with municipalities, public agencies and the private sector – we’re finding new ways to improve the Bay State’s transportation infrastructure.
MassDOT is responsible for developing, implementing, and coordinating transportation policies and projects for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and to efficiently plan, design, construct, and maintain a safe statewide transportation system which effectively meets the transportation needs of the Commonwealth.
MassDOT’s divisions include: Highway, Aeronautics, Registry of Motor Vehicles, Rail & Transit, and Planning & Enterprise Services. There are approximately 3,600 employees across the organization.
MassDOT’s goal is to provide employees with greater flexibility in when and where they work while continuing to execute MassDOT’s Safety and Customer Service Mission. Furthermore, MassDOT will be doing our part to lead by example in reducing congestion and greenhouse gas emissions by minimizing overall workplace commuting travel during peak hours through telework and schedule flexibility.
This position has a high degree of remote flexibility once established in the role. The selected candidate will be expected to follow a hybrid work model that consists of both in-office and work from home days, as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with Road Safety Audits – including pulling and redacting crash data, preparing meeting materials, attending and contributing to the meetings, reviews and comments on the report.
- Works with the Crash Data System – including querying crashes, processing and geocoding crashes, pulling and redacting crashes.
- Analyzes Crash Information – prepares crash summaries and collision diagrams and identifies key crash factors
- Assists Traffic Engineering and Safety Section with General Assistance – This includes things like marketing Safety, assisting with SHSP emphasis area and SHSP strategies, using HSM methodologies, speed zoning, traffic management, GIS work and data entry for intersection database and other special projects as needed.
This co-op position would run from January 2022 through June 2022 for between 20-37.5 hours/week.
This requisition will remain open until filled; however, first consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days.
Must be enrolled in a full-time bachelor’s degree program for spring 2022.
All job applications must be submitted online through MassCareers to be considered.
· For questions regarding the job posting, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
· For general questions regarding MassDOT, call the Human Resources Service Center at 857-368-4722.
· For a disability‐related reasonable accommodation or alternative application method, call ADA Coordinator, Heather Ulesoo – (617) 851-9447.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Executive Order #595: As a condition of employment, successful applicants will be required to have received COVID-19 vaccination or an approved exemption as of their start date. Details relating to demonstrating compliance with this requirement will be provided to applicants selected for employment. Applicants who receive an offer of employment who can provide documentation that the vaccine is medically contraindicated or who object to vaccination due to a sincerely held religious belief may make a request for exemption.