Masthead Media (www.mastheadmedia.com) is a women-founded content marketing company that aligns iconic brands (such as Reebok, Salesforce, Blue Bottle Coffee, JanSport, Tacori, Etsy, OXO, Kimpton, and Prudential etc.) with best-in-class creative, editorial, strategic, and SEO talent to develop exceptional, results-driven content programming.
We’re actively seeking a Fall 2021 Business Development Intern to collaborate with our team in order to identify new business opportunities and help grow our portfolio of content marketing clients. This part-time internship position (~10 to 20 hours per week) offers full remote flexibility and can be done for school credit if desired (but isn’t required).
Please review the information below and apply through this short-form application: https://airtable.com/shrmLgBo4TNTN94YW (We will not be reviewing applications through LinkedIn or other job sites).
More information on this role below.
This Role’s Responsibilities:
As our Business Development Intern, you’ll be an integral member of Masthead Media’s Sales & Marketing group. Your responsibilities will include:
- Participating in strategic planning meetings and new business meetings with prospective Masthead Media clients
- Using digital tools (LinkedIn Sales Navigator, etc) to identify key brands, organizations, and individuals who may be looking to expand and improve upon their content marketing efforts.
- Researching selected companies to determine their current content marketing presence
- Identifying high-value leads for the Women in Content Marketing Awards
- Maintaining and cultivating business development contacts with Masthead Media’s CRM (customer relationship management) system
- Preparing strategic messaging and outreach to key contacts within Masthead’s CRM
- Collaborating with the team to prepare sales enablement content leveraged by the business development team
- Additional business development activities and training throughout the internship
You will receive training on most programs or systems you’re not already familiar with; current proficiency with Microsoft office, spreadsheets, and the Google Suite is required for the role.
Who We’re Looking For
You have prior experience interning with a brand, agency, organization, or publisher—or have related educational experience. You can demonstrate how you’ve successfully managed projects in a professional or academic environment. You’re an organized yet creative thinker and love the thrill of hitting new goals and benchmarks, both on your own or with a team. You’re also a highly motivated self-starter who can easily work from home or school and stay on task. You proactively ask for new assignments but you also have the patience and follow-through to fully complete any task assigned. You bring positive energy, thrive in a relaxed, collaborative environment, and like both face-to-face and remote working time.
- Major in sales, marketing, business administration, public relations, or communications-related area
- Prior business development or marketing internships are a plus
- Proven ability to prioritize, organize, and successfully handle a few projects at once
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent organization and follow-through skills
- A positive, collaborative approach to work
- Excellent at email communication
In addition, you have strong experience or proficiency in some of the following:
- Conducting online research; translating what you’ve learned into a well-organized format that others can use
- Developing target lists for business development or other outreach purposes
- Planning and executing well-crafted outreach to a target list
- Working with: spreadsheet tools, such as Google Sheets, Excel, and/or Airtable
- Working with: content development tools, such as WordPress and Mailchimp
- Working with: business networking tools, such as LinkedIn
- Communicating proactively and frequently with supervisors about project status
- Managing a few projects at once; identifying and executing high-priority to-dos
- Stipend (minimum $100 per week for 10 hours)
- Flexible hours (you can work in the location of your choice up to 100 percent of the time)
- Opportunities to affect measurable change within an organization
- On-the-job training across a variety of tools and platforms
- Work in a fun, collaborative, remote environment
- Be a valued member of a small team with plenty of opportunities for professional development and real work (not busy work!)
About Masthead Media Company
Masthead Media collaborates with iconic and emerging brands to craft and share their unique stories with the world. In addition to campaign-based initiatives, we support our clients in cultivating long-term relationships with customers through editorial-style content development, social media management, thought leadership development, influencer programming, search and social insights, and analytics reporting services.