Masthead Media (www.mastheadmedia.com) is a women-founded content marketing company that aligns iconic brands (such as Reebok, Salesforce, JanSport, Tacori, Etsy, OXO, Blue Bottle Coffee, Prudential, etc.) with best-in-class creative, editorial, strategic, and SEO talent to develop exceptional, results-driven content programming.
We’re actively seeking a Fall 2021 Intern to work with our team to build our portfolio of content marketing clients, develop social content for our company, as well as supporting the execution of key events and networking programming. This part-time internship position (~10 to 20 hours per week) offers full remote flexibility and can be done for school credit if desired.
Please review the information below and apply through this short-form application: https://airtable.com/shr8ufhSDqpj7Pgip (We will not be reviewing applications through LinkedIn or other job sites).
More information on this role below.
This Role’s Responsibilities:
As our Intern, you’ll support three key areas of our business:
- Developing content ideas and concepts for Masthead Media’s column on Inc.com and social media.
- Developing social media assets.
- Working on a cross-functional team (editorial operations, marketing, executives) to support Masthead Media’s upcoming website relaunch.
- Tracking content (links, assets) Masthead Media has developed for clients.
- Collaborating with the Content Marketing & Sales team to execute the Women in Content Marketing Awards. This is our live programming effort with virtual panels and networking events held in early summer and early fall. These events support women from all backgrounds in our industry, providing a platform to recognize their accomplishments and network with others within the content space.
- Connecting with executive level women and rising industry stars to help secure judges, panelists and nominees for the Women in Content Marketing Awards.
- Using tools (LinkedIn, internet research, etc) to identify key brands, organizations and individuals who may be looking to expand and improve upon their content marketing efforts.
You will receive training on most programs or systems you’re not already familiar with; current proficiency with Microsoft office, spreadsheets, and the Google Suite is required for the role.
Who We’re Looking For
You have prior experience interning with a brand, agency, organization, or publisher—or have related educational experience. You can demonstrate how you’ve successfully managed projects in a professional or academic environment. You’re a creative thinker and love the thrill of hitting new goals and benchmarks, both on your own or with a team. You’re also a highly motivated self-starter who can easily work from home or school and stay on task. You proactively ask for new assignments but you also have the patience and follow-through to fully complete any task assigned. You bring positive energy, thrive in a relaxed, collaborative environment, and like both face-to-face and remote working time.
- Major in publishing, marketing, public relations, communications, events, business or related area
- Prior publishing or marketing internships are a plus
- Proven ability to prioritize, organize, and successfully handle a few projects at once
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent organization and follow-through skills
- A positive, collaborative approach to work
- Excellent at email communication
In addition, you have strong experience or proficiency in some of the following:
- Conducting online research; translating what you’ve learned into a well-organized format that others can use
- Working with: Spreadsheet tools, such as Google Sheets, Excel, and/or Airtable
- Working with: Creative and presentation tools, such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Powerpoint, as well as stock images websites
- Working with: Content development tools, such as WordPress and Mailchimp
- Working with: Business networking tools, such as LinkedIn
- Drafting and sending well-organized, engaging emails
- Creating agendas for and taking notes at meetings
- Organizing and executing small events or live programming from start to finish (bonus if you’ve worked on any kind of awards programming!)
- Proofreading documents so they are free of errors
- Communicating proactively and frequently with supervisors about project status
- Managing a few projects at once; identifying and executing high-priority to-dos
- Stipend ($10/hour)
- Flexible hours (you can work in the location of your choice up to 100 percent of the time)
- Opportunities to write and get published
- On-the-job training and growth
- Work in a fun, collaborative, remote environment
- Be a valued member of a small team with plenty of opportunities for professional development and real work (not busy work!)
About Masthead Media Company
Masthead Media collaborates with iconic and emerging brands to craft and share their unique stories with the world. In addition to campaign-based initiatives, we support our clients in cultivating long-term relationships with customers through editorial-style content development, social media management, thought leadership development, influencer programming, search and social insights, and analytics reporting services.