At Mathnasium, we believe math can change kids’ lives, and kids can change the world. Our goal is to produce exceptional, positive educational outcomes for each student that attends our centers (online and in-person) given the tools and talents of our team. We do this through assessing the individual needs of each student to prescribe the right curriculum aided by the right instruction to help all students be their best in mathematics. We are recruiting team members who share this vision and will drive it collaboratively.
As a Mathnasium Instructor, you will work with students at one of our locations in Livingston, Summit, Chatham, Westfield, or Basking Ridge to bring math to life for students at a wide variety of skill levels. We motivate our students to succeed both inside and outside of the classroom by teaching mathematics in a way that makes most sense to each as an individual learner, as well as connecting with students and helping them to see math in a positive light.
This position offers the unique opportunity to make a significant impact on the life of each individual child that you work with, and support their long term success. Additionally, you will have a chance to advance both personally and professionally in your role.
While some work might be done remotely, this is not a remote position — all applicants for this position must be located within a commutable distance of our five locations listed above.
We are looking for people with the right mix of compassion, mathematical ability, and communication skills to get the job done. College students and recent college grads are welcome to apply. Responsibilities include:
- Apply Mathnasium’s teaching methods and curriculum to instruct students in grades 1-12
- Great conversationalist who can engage and connect with students
- Maintain a fun, positive, energetic vibe for students within our centers and online
- Help maintain student learning plans and track student success
- Participate in positive interactions with parents
- Skilled at mathematics through Algebra I
- Strong background in math or math-related field (e.g. physics, economics, engineering, finance, etc.)
- Ability to empathize with our students and help them build math confidence
- Enjoys working with students of all ages
- Excellent communication and social skills
- Open-minded to learning new methods of teaching and problem-solving
- Must be able to provide genuine documentation establishing your identity and eligibility to be legally employed in the United States
- Math fluency through Calculus and Statistics
- Experience working with kids
- Previous teaching/tutoring experience
PERKS OF THE POSITION:
- Competitive hourly wage based upon experience and availability
- Paid training
- Flexible, consistent hours