INSTRUCTORS NEEDED FOR MATH LEARNING CENTER (MATHNASIUM)–PARSIPPANY
Mathnasium of Parsippany is a learning center in our community that provides supplementary math instruction for students in grades 1 to 12 in a positive and encouraging environment. We currently have part-time employee positions open for passionate and talented math instructors who may be interested in this opportunity.
A Mathnasium instructor position is an opportunity for students who wish to apply their math and teaching abilities to help children succeed. Curriculum and materials are predetermined for each student based on the student’s strengths and problem areas.
Strong math background needed! Applicants must have exceptional math skills through Algebra 1 and Geometry at a minimum and be positive, energetic, motivating, and able to communicate professionally with parents and students of all ages. GREAT OPPORTUNITIES FOR THOSE COMPLETING THEIR EDUCATION/MATH/ENGINEERING DEGREE!
• Has or is completing a degree in math or a math related field (Physics, Engineering, Economics, Finance, Accounting, etc.)
• Strong communication skills, with an upbeat personality, that works well with children (grades 1-12)
• Math literacy test (which will be administered by center director)
• Background Check
• Able to commit to one year minimum, including over the summer
• To teach math in a way that makes sense to center students, using the Mathnasium method (training will be provided/completed once instructor is hired)
• Evaluate and reward student progress
• Ensuring a clean, organized, and productive learning environment
Compensation will be based on education, experience, and completion of training, with potential to become lead instructor.
Mathnasium instructors typically work between 8 and 16 hours per week. We offer a flexible work schedule (afternoons/evenings) and can accommodate students’ academic and other professional commitments.
Please visit www.mathnasium.com/neparsippany to become familiar with the company and our program before applying.