The Institute for the Study of Resilience in Youth (ISRY) at McLean Hospital and Harvard Medical School seeks a dynamic individual experienced in education, youth development, and project management for a position as Research Project Manager.
The Research Project Manager (a full-time position) will coordinate multi-year research partnerships with public school districts. This position is part of a team working on the Dimensions of Success (DoS) observation tool for school settings, as part of a project funded by the National Science Foundation. This person will facilitate and coordinate daily study activities, including direct contact with district administrators, principals, teachers, and families, and supervise a Research Assistant. They will also play a critical role in the conduct of the study, including performing research observations of classroom activities in person and based on video recordings. Training in the DoS observation protocol will be provided.
This role requires experience in formal or informal education and an interest in using evaluation to improve STEM learning experiences for youth. The ideal candidate must also have a passion for improving the lives of children and addressing the inequities that affect their ability to succeed in school and life.
The Institute for the Study of Resilience in Youth (ISRY) researches evidence-based innovations in social-emotional learning (SEL) and Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) in schools and youth-serving organizations. This project has the overall goal of improving instruction in schools and formal education settings. ISRY is passionate about equity in education and is seeking candidates with personal and/or professional knowledge of the issues facing underserved communities, communities of color, and those living in poverty.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Oversee day-to-day operations and deadlines for multi-year NSF-funded research study,
• Assist PI and Co-PI in development of materials and processes necessary to train study staff and carryout study
• Supervise Research Assistant(s)
• Coordinate study activities, including recruiting schools and teachers, obtaining informed consent, and scheduling classroom visits
• Serve as main point of contact with schools and teachers, including communicating and following-up with schools and teachers about implementation details for observations, interviews, and surveys
• Communicate regularly with project team to provide updates
• Organize and maintain all study documents, including communication logs and consent forms
• Perform other duties as assigned
All McLean team members are expected to consistently demonstrate our values of integrity, compassion, respect, diversity, teamwork, excellence and innovation in their work activities and interactions.
• Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred, in areas of study related to education and social sciences.
• 5-8 years related work experience
• Comfortable communicating in a professional manner using phone, video conferencing, and e-mail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Commitment to value diversity of thought, backgrounds, and youth leadership
• Bi-lingual and/or bi-cultural a plus
• Attention to detail, ability to show initiative and flexibility, meet deadlines, work independently and manage multiple priorities
• Strong communication and people skills
• Must be highly organized, able to manage multiple deadlines and priorities, and adaptable in fast changing situations