Role & Responsibilities
Support the management of the Benefits & HR Administration of all employees at the global support office in Switzerland (GSO). Duties include supporting payroll process, social insurances, taxes, and other employee lifecycle administrative processes such as personnel data and file management, and all this from on-boarding to off-boarding. The Benefits & HR Administration Assistant ensures the administration is executed in compliance with Swiss legislation and Medair procedures.
Medair’s global HR function supports the organisation in the implementation of world class humanitarian aid projects by ensuring that the organisation has adequate systems and structures to efficiently recruit and retain the right people. The HR function is also working on impacting Medair’s culture by creating and sustaining a work environment where our values are fully alive and staff is being cared of through a “people to people” model.
Workplace & Conditions
Medair Global Support Office (GSO), Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
June 2021. Part time, open-ended contract, 80%.
Key Activity Areas
- Responsible to deliver cost effective administration of the on & off-boarding of GSO staff, especially in regard of contracts editing, visas and work permit requests, as well as managing administration related to accidents, sickness, maternity leave, child allowances, administrative documentation for GSO employees visiting the field programmes, vacation and public holidays, and filling of personnel folder and Off-boarding activities in compliance with related Swiss legislation & labour law requirements.
- In collaboration with Benefits & HR Administration Team, guide and support HR colleagues for all new GSO expatriate staff incoming into Switzerland, providing administrative help and orientation how to settle in Switzerland.
- Fully own the organisation of the Induction, for any new GSO or IRS colleague.
- Collaborate with the Learning & Development Team and ensure all Inductees receive the relevant trainings.
- Coordinate and assist in HR related logistics between Inductee and the Field focal points.
- Ensure all supporting documents are available for each month payroll.
- Be responsible of the timely payment of withholding tax invoices.
Compensation and Benefits
- Ensure the maintenance of Medair People (HR Information System) for managing compensation and benefit information accurately reflecting changes for incoming and outgoing staff.
- Responsible for timely communication and reporting with the broker regarding the management of medical benefits, payments and claims reimbursement.
- Update documentation when changes to policies and procedures are communicated.
- Improve HR systems, policies, processes and procedures that relate to HR Administration in line with the HR strategy.
- Ensure proper documentation and up to date HR policies, procedures, forms and checklists are available for relevant stakeholders.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Degree in HR, or equivalent education.
- Familiar with Swiss social system and Swiss Labour law.
- Swiss HR Administration certification desirable.
- Good working knowledge of English and French (spoken and written).
Experience / Competencies
- 2 years in an equivalent HR position.
- Knowledgeable with the Microsoft office Environment.
- Working experience with an HR information system.
- Knowledge of Swiss social benefits, labour laws, and regulations.
- Good customer service skills. Strong organizational skills.
- Good team player, servant hearted. Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work within a multicultural team.
Before you apply
Please ensure you are fully aware of the:
b) Medair is committed to safeguarding the protection of beneficiaries, volunteers, staff and partners, and particularly children. Therefore, we do not employ staff whose background we understand to be unsuitable for working with children. Medair staff are required to give the utmost respect to, and comply with, Medair’s accountability policies and best practices.
c) Profiles sought and Benefits Package for Global Support Office Staff.
To apply, go to this vacancy on our Medair page.
Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications. Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed.