Role & Responsibilities
The Comms intern will support our Branding and Communications manager to deliver on a key project. It will be the update and remodelling of a content library, and improving sections of the website (Press Centre materials and media kits and our technical resource section).
The person should have a grasp of visual communication and database management (key words, caption, type of usage, search engine…). The person will be fully involved in the engagement team and will actively contribute to achieve overall Engagement Team objectives. This position is also the key contact for affiliates and other Medair staff needing resources.
The team will provide full support and training.
Medair’s Global Support Office (GSO) provides operational guidance for country programmes, along with both technical and compassionate support for our relief workers. Within our headquarters and affiliate offices, we are also responsible for promoting the work of Medair to the world, to raise and manage the funds needed to run our life-saving and sustaining programmes, and to recruit international and GSO staff*.*
The Engagement Department is responsible for connecting Medair with people who can support our work as an international humanitarian aid organisation. The Branding and Communications team works works closely with the Channels team to provide content and resources to colleagues responsible for fundraising.
Workplace & Working Conditions
- Medair Global Support Office (GSO), Lausanne, Switzerland. Some travel may be required.
Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full time, 6 months.
Key Activity Areas
- Create / review/update concept of content library (classification, naming etc…).
- Identify needs of different users.
- Drive development project with IT.
- Sort out all available material.
- Identify material that needs to be revamped.
- Define and implement a naming / classification procedure.
- Train users.
- Coordination population of material for the website, working with colleagues in the field programmes as well as the communications support team.
- Respect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Accept and be at ease to work in an environment where staff pray and have devotion times together.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Bachelor undergraduate in communication.
- Strong working knowledge of English and French (spoken and written).
Experience / Competencies
- Database management.
- Website management.
- Able to identify target audiences and administrate content that engages, informs and motivates.
- Team player.
- Able to think critically and analytically while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Multitasking, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent listening skills to fully understand requirements and opportunity areas.
- Project management skills.
- Attention to detail, quick learner.
Benefits Package provided to International Headquarters Internship Staff
- Salary of 1670 CHF/month at 100%.
- Holiday allocation.
- Accident, death and disability insurance coverage; health insurance for loss of earnings (> 6 months internship).
- Great working environment.
- The opportunity to work in an organisation where your contributions make a difference for the world’s most vulnerable.
How to apply
To apply, go to this vacancy on our Medair page.
Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications. Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed.