Role & Responsibilities
In collaboration with the philanthropy team, support Medair’s mission by raising funds with private individuals focusing on the expat community and increasing the organisation’s visibility in German-speaking Switzerland. Support Philanthropy Team with the stewardship of donors in USA.
Responsible for developing fundraising activities within expat networks to acquire new donors and increase private funding. Support to the US market development.
Workplace & Working Conditions
Medair Global Support Office (GSO), Zurich, Switzerland.
- Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Part-time 50%, 6 months.
Key Activity Areas
Donor acquisition and fundraising
- Develop a pipeline of qualified prospects from the expat/English-speaking network
- With Manager, develop journeys for the identified prospects and implement them together.
- Refine the existing portfolio of prospect using desktop research and updating the data base.
- Create, plan, organize and implement fundraising activities/events for the expats/English-speaking community.
- Support the organization of Philanthropy events.
- In collaboration with the philanthropy team, create and adapt communication material such as project summaries, reports, letters and presentations.
- Support fulfilment of international donors.
- Present/Pitch Medair.
- Leverage networks.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Educated to degree level.
- Marketing, Sales, Communication, Account Management, Business Administration/Management.
- Certification of professional fundraising desirable.
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written). Good German verbal skills.
- Fluent in German, and French knowledge desirable.
Experience / Competencies
- Previous work experience in sales, marketing, communication or event management.
- Demonstrable professional successes in the area of fundraising / marketing / sales or business administration desirable.
- Work experience in the private or public sector.
- Advanced user of MS Office.
- Experience working with CRM (Customer relationship Management system) desirable.
- Organised, administrative skills, networking skills.
- Goal and performance oriented, ability to work autonomously, proactiveness.
- Collaborative team player, people-oriented.
Before you apply
Please ensure you are fully aware of the:
b) Medair is committed to safeguarding the protection of beneficiaries, volunteers, staff and partners, and particularly children. Therefore, we do not employ staff whose background we understand to be unsuitable for working with children. Medair staff are required to give the utmost respect to, and comply with, Medair’s accountability policies and best practices.
c) Profiles sought and Benefits Package for Global Support Office Staff.
To apply, go to this vacancy on our Medair page.
Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications. Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed.