Magnolia Innovation is a boutique market research and consulting shop working in an energetic environment in Hoboken, NJ. We are looking for exceptional individuals with 1-5 years experience, who have a background in marketing, market research and/or consulting, are naturally curious about the world around them, and are passionate about answering complex business questions.
As a Senior Associate, you will have the unique opportunity to help shape how our clients view their businesses and the direction they take. Work will vary depending on project volume and skillset match, but we have numerous ongoing consulting projects in a variety of areas within the healthcare space. This will provide you with a rich diversity of experience, and through our strong mentorship culture, you will grow and develop your consulting skills and can easily leverage them into a career in strategy consulting, marketing, market research, or general management.
At Magnolia our teams are the center of everything we do; from two-person teams to multi-disciplinary global teams, collaboration is critical to our success. Every Senior Associate will always report into a Manager or Director, and will often work with other Associates, Senior Associates, and Interns. Every engagement at Magnolia is led by a Partner, and Associates will have many opportunities to work closely with the senior leadership team. Majority of our work is focused on healthcare.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Designing and Enabling Market Research
- Assist the team in translating key business questions into an innovative but viable quantitative and/or qualitative market research plan
- Help develop screeners, discussion guides, survey questionnaires, and survey stimuli
- Work closely with external market research vendors to recruit, schedule, program, field, and execute all aspect of qualitative or quantitative market research and data collection
- Attend qualitative research and ensure all logistical aspects of the research run smoothly
- Prepare market research decks for clients in Microsoft PowerPoint
Analyzing Information and Uncovering Insights
- Performing desk research to understand such topics as current treatment algorithms for rare diseases
- Assist in developing and executing data analysis plans, including quantitative and statistical methods, as well as qualitative analysis
- Conduct analysis as needed in Excel, SPSS, and/or other statistical software
- Understand and deploy relevant frameworks in order to better understand information and ultimately arrive at better insights
Interpreting and Articulating the Story
- Fully participate and capture all relevant information in storyboarding sessions
- Design and prepare error-free final PowerPoint presentations and written reports
- Assist in presenting findings to current and future clients
Results-Driven Strategic Advisory
- Work with external groups, such as creative agencies, in order to support the implementation of an idea, insight, or plan in order to ensure that everything we do for our clients has real-life impact
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- A university or college degree and outstanding academic record
- 2-5 years experience within a marketing, market research and/or consulting company
- Excellent quantitative analytical skills as evidenced by relevant course work, internships, awards, samples, etc.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- High-level understanding of market research methods and their practical use in the business world
- Proven self-starter, and ability to work both independently and in teams
- A sociable and confident nature
- Attention to detail
- Desire to provide corporate clients with a qualitative and quantitative understanding of their customers’ behaviors and desires
- High computer literacy; ability to elegantly communicate information and ideas in PowerPoint
- Ability to tell a story that is coherent and captivating