Are you seeking a summer internship opportunity where you can begin your career in healthcare administration or finance? Are you ready to join a team where everyone plays a meaningful role in the fight against cancer?
At MSK, we offer an exciting opportunity to join us for 11 weeks as a Student Intern. You will have the opportunity to work alongside team members in the Physician Billing department and explore revenue operations processes in the organization. The Physician Billing team is responsible for ensuring all physician charges are processed in an accurate manner and making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Working towards your Bachelor’s degree, preferably entering your Junior or Senior year of college/university
- Passionate about a career in hospital administration or healthcare finance
- Excited to work full time between 5/24/2021 and 8/6/2021 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- An effective and considerate communicator, capable of resolving how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
- Interact with members of the Physician Billing team to learn more about billing processes and revenue operations
- Take on various related projects relevant to the team’s current needs, such as our new Telehealth billing projects
- Gain exposure in healthcare finance software systems
- Develop administrative skills in data entry, professional communication, and time management
- Finish the program with real-life work experience in a fast-paced healthcare environment
- Attention to detail and strong computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment