Subject to applicable law, all prospective hires will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or intend to be vaccinated for COVID-19 by November 1, 2021, or qualify for a medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement. Hired candidates who are not vaccinated by November 1, 2021, and who have not been approved for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment, in accordance with applicable law.
Our Finance team brings together our financial perspectives into our overall strategic and tactical decision making. We use state-of-the-art techniques for financial analysis, planning, accounting, reporting and performance evaluation. This allows the organization to continue advancing medical innovation and improve lives.
Finance at our Company is committed to developing future leaders through its Finance Leadership Development Program (FLDP). Individuals are provided with an entry point through Corporate Audit and Assurance Services (MCAAS) to develop a breadth of experience including finance, accounting, analytics, risk management, and special project opportunities.
Finance Leadership Development Program (FLDP) participants will be placed on multiple audit teams. These teams collaborate with stakeholders across the Finance organization, helping to solve vital business needs for Finance by leveraging data analytics and understanding implications on global healthcare systems. Audit assignments are unique to each individual’s skill set, professional interests and development opportunities. These assignments can either be domestic or internationally focused, creating a unique chance to collaborate with auditees and colleagues from all around the world on a daily basis.
One exciting rotational opportunity is in the Audit Innovation Lab. This dynamic cross-functional team helps drive the use of enhanced data and analytic capabilities in audit and across the finance organization. The Lab provides individuals with a space to experiment and encourages them to bring forward new and innovative ideas for accessing data and gaining visual insights. The rotation in the lab will provide exposure to advanced data and analytic capabilities and software, driving the development of finance professionals in the FLDP.
Our company has developed a new “Ways of Working” initiative to react to the mindset and behavioral shifts in our changing world. Our new ways of working include an emphasis on networking, sharing, learning, experimentation and empowerment, and will subsequently create headroom for innovation and ensure sustainability of our core mission.
After 24-36 months in the Finance Leadership Development Program, individuals advance their career development through opportunities across Finance and the greater organization. The purpose of this leadership development experience is to prepare young talent for the future so that the Company is empowered to innovate and fulfill its purpose of Inventing for Life.
Program Overview & Responsibilities
By joining the FLDP, individuals will gain an understanding how the Company is fulfilling its purpose of inventing medicines to improve people’s lives. The FLDP will allow individuals to gain knowledge on products, healthcare systems, payors, regulatory and reputational risks while working intimately with our global business operations. In addition, individuals will use data analytics to gain insights into business practices and the execution of the company’s strategy; this includes a deeper knowledge of internal controls, business compliance and risk management. Individuals will either be based in the global headquarters in NJ (currently Kenilworth, and Rahway in 2023).
Opportunity to Innovate in a Changing World through:
- EXPERIMENTING – We challenge the way we work every day as our Senior Leaders are committed to continuously evaluating new ways of working through ideation and experimentation. Individuals will be part of a culture where every experiment is taken as a lesson learned, which is part of the innovative process.
- EMPOWERING – You will learn how to evaluate business operations, processes, and internal controls to effectively complete risk-based audits. Additionally, MCAAS acts as a trusted advisor, supporting the enterprise via advisory engagements. Individuals are empowered to develop their skillsets through a wide breadth of engagements, across various business lines. This helps individuals to focus on what matters in a complex and evolving business environment.
- NETWORKING – We will empower you to work across the company developing and leveraging a network of relationships to achieve high level business insights. Individuals will have opportunities to attend lunch and learn presentations with senior leaders, and participate in formal trainings, mentor programs and various activities with other colleagues across the organization.
- SHARING – We work to break down silos and share our knowledge to better connect people and data. Individuals will be challenged to critically problem solve, act as trusted advisors, and utilize data & analytic applications to provide business insights. FLDP participants will prepare and deliver presentations to both peers and leaders, sharing their successes and lessons learned.
- LEARNING – Join a culture where teaching & learning is a continuous journey, not a destination. We take pride in turning students into teachers and assisting in your personal and professional development through real time feedback, formal performance evaluations, on the job training, and assistance in independent learning.
This is a full-time position starting in July 2022. Individuals in the FLDP will complete a comprehensive onboarding and training. This training will provide insights to expansive business, industry, and audit knowledge. Additionally, the training will develop overall finance and business acumen, enhance leadership skills, and offer extensive networking opportunities.
If you would like to learn more about our group, please check out our website: https://merck.phenompro.com/us/en/audit-specialist
Required Education, Skills & Experience:
- Current Seniors enrolled in a BS in Accountancy or Finance preferred, but all business majors may be considered (including Management, Marketing, or Economics). Academic curriculum focus on data analytics is preferred.
- Dedication to teamwork
- Demonstrated leadership
- Passion and commitment to learning
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to self-motivate and take responsibility for personal growth and development
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with client and business process owners as well as Finance colleagues
- Effective written and verbal communications skills
- Strong time management skills and the ability to work autonomously and within a team
- Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Demonstration of ethics and integrity within a professional work environment
- Travel: Up to 25% of the time, both domestic and international
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Previous internship or work experience in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or Data Analytics
- GPA of 3.3 or above
Our Support Functions deliver services and make recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the culture of our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world’s most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.