The Future Talent Program features internships that lasts up to 12 weeks and will include one or more projects. These opportunities can provide you with great development and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals.
About Our Company’s Information Technology Division (IT)
Apply and become part of a vibrant and diverse tapestry of thinkers, dreamers, and doers. As part of our IT team, you will operate at the intersection of technology, healthcare, and the life sciences. Working in teams alongside our experienced professionals, employ your technical, business, and leadership skills to help lead change and innovation. Your work will support the invention of novel life-saving drugs, broaden access to medicines and vaccines to the people who need it, and enable next-generation healthcare solutions through technology.
Our Company has always been and always will be inventing, and we do it for the single greatest purpose: LIFE. Every breakthrough we create has the potential to build a healthier, more hopeful future for people and animals around the world. We have several primary divisions as well as global support functions. Our dynamic, talented IT team members from around the globe partner with our business colleagues to take on the challenge to help answer questions like:
- How can we help doctors enhance their engagement with patients?
- How can we help our scientists more efficiently discover life saving medicines?
- How can we gather more accurate data in our clinical trials?
- How can we streamline our supply and distribution channels?
Our Company’s IT’s Summer Internship Program Description:
Are you versatile, do you have an outstanding record of academic achievement (GPA of 3.0 and above), and demonstrated community leadership? You’ll be perfect for our IT Summer Internship Program!
Our Company is looking for talented students to join our internship program starting in June 2022. Our Company’s IT Summer Intern Program offers participants a unique opportunity to explore different areas within IT. This professional development internship is 9-12 weeks (generally starting the first full week in June) and provides you with the chance to learn about IT and Our Company. It features a program of networking activities and challenging projects, allowing you to apply your education in a professional setting while exploring your career goals. We are looking for students passionate about using technology to advancing healthcare.
Potential internship locations include NJ, PA, TX, MA and CA. Please note that no housing assistance is available for these positions. “This is a full-time summer internship position. Housing subsidy is not available as part of this program and must be funded 100% by the student.”
Summer internship assignments are determined based on business need and role availability with consideration to your skills and development goals. Internship project assignment cannot be guaranteed at the time of application. Examples of areas you can potentially work in include:
- Business/Technical Analysis
- Data Science & Informatics
- Digital Product Development
- Cloud Technologies
- Cyber Security
- Project Management
As part of the Information Technology team, your assignment could include a role focused on:
- Cyber Security
- Data and Analytics
- Machine Learning
- Program/Project Management
- Software development
- And more…
Required Education and Experience:
- Candidates must be currently enrolled BA / BS / BE or master’s student with a major in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, Business or Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field not graduating before June 2022
These are the additional skills and educational requirements needed to apply:
- Candidates must have passion for using technology for healthcare advancement
- Candidates must be a self-starter with demonstrated campus/community leadership experience
- Candidates must have ability to work under pressure
- Candidates must have geographic flexibility and willingness to build new skills. Internship may be assigned in various US locations including but not limited to NJ, PA, TX, MA and CA
- Candidates must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US or otherwise authorized to work in the US without requiring sponsorship now or in the future
- Candidates must have superior communication and interpersonal skills
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Candidates should have GPA of 3.0 or higher
The successful candidate is:
- Candidates should have interest in participating in a broad range of work experiences across the information technology division
- Candidates should be able to work independently and in teams
- Candidates should be able to adapt to new roles, responsibilities, and situations
- Candidates should committed to both their own career development as well as bringing their best to our organization
Our Support Functions deliver services and make recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the culture of our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world’s most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Intern/Co-op (Fixed Term)Relocation:
No relocationVISA Sponsorship:
No Travel RequiredFlexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: