Job Description In Primary Posting Language Include Requirements For Education,Experience And Skills)
The Future Talent Program features internships that lasts up to 12 weeks and will include one or more projects. These opportunities in our Manufacturing can provide you with great development and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals.
Our vision is to make a difference in the lives of people globally through our innovative medicines, vaccines, and animal health products. We are committed to being the premier, research-intensive biopharmaceutical company and are dedicated to providing leading innovations and solutions for today and the future. Our core areas of focus include diabetes, infectious diseases, oncology, and vaccines and within Animal Health, livestock, companion animal, and aquaculture.
Manufacturing Science and Technology (MS&T) is seeking interns to join us summer 2022. MS&T represents a collection of technical operations and new product commercialization groups across the large and small molecule organizations within the Manufacturing Division. A “Safety First, Quality Always” mindset and drive for continuous improvement and innovation enables the Company to be a trusted and competitive supplier of pharmaceuticals, vaccines, biologics, and animal health products to the world’s patients and customers.
Each MS&T intern completes one or more projects over a 10 to 12-week period beginning late May or early June 2022. This experience will provide you the opportunity to develop yourself both technically and professionally, engage in the Company’s business and culture, and see if we are the right company for your long-term career goals.
As an intern in MS&T, you will have the opportunity to work collaboratively in one of the following areas:
PROCESS & ANALYTICAL DEVELOPMENT AND COMMERCIALIZATION
- Bring chemically or biologically-derived research discoveries and processes to production scale by applying engineering, chemistry, and pharmaceutics skills to characterize and scale-up bench or pilot-scale processes.
- Develop, optimize, and implement innovative manufacturing technologies and analytical methods.
- Use statistical, data analytics, and data science tools and process modeling to analyze and identify insights from process data.
- Support process technology development and transfer to commercial operations groups.
EQUIPMENT AND FACILITIES DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION
- Design and build advanced manufacturing plants, laboratory, and office facilities.
- Participate in all phases of project management from the first engineering drawing to the last phase of project start-up.
- Utilize computer programming and data analytics tools to design the manufacturing processes and facilities of the future.
IN-LINE PRODUCT SUPPORT
- Collaborate with operations and quality groups on the execution of strategic projects to ensure a high level of process performance and enhance World Class Supply for commercial products.
- Examine an issue from diverse perspectives (safety, compliance, automation, equipment, process, and people) in order to best understand and resolve the root cause.
- Support the transfer of products within the Company’s internal and external manufacturing network.
Required Education and Experience:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in engineering, science, or related discipline. No prior experience is required.
- U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident of U.S.
- Available for a 10 to 12 week internship beginning in late May or early June 2022
- Graduating between Dec 2022 and Spring 2024
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Effective problem-solving, collaboration, and written and oral communication skills
- Previous process development, research, or manufacturing experience
- Strong technical competency and a desire to innovate
- Experience in computer programming, modeling, data science, and/or data analytics
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is dedicated to being the most trusted supplier of bio-pharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create a reliable global manufacturing network that’s devoted to delivering a high quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world’s most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.