Intern – Civil Structural Engineering
Merrick & Company is seeking a college or graduate school Structural Engineering student for a paid summer internship for Summer 2021 at our Greenwood Village (Denver Metro), CO office. Imagine working on rewarding client projects and being exposed to unparalleled training and development opportunities! The summer internship has a commitment of approximately mid-May through mid-August.
We will be accepting resumes for this opportunity from approximately September – November. Resumes will be reviewed in December/January, interviews will take place in February/March and offers will be extended in March/April. Timeframe subject to change.
The Merrick Intern Program will provide an undergraduate or graduate student an opportunity to gain technical experience in the field of structural engineering. The intern will be exposed to a variety of structural engineering tasks which may include steel and concrete design, foundation design, structural drafting & detailing, gravity load analysis, and lateral load analysis of buildings and other structures.
The position requires the collaboration with other disciplines, ability to interface with clients and contractors, follow schedules and budget commitments, work independently, possess good written and oral communication skills and the ability to problem solve. Must meet expectations for attendance and punctuality.
- Basic knowledge of at least one finite element analysis software program such as RISA 3D is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of either AutoCad or Revit is preferred.
- Must be currently enrolled and entering junior year of undergraduate degree or higher. Students enrolled in a Master’s degree program in Civil/Structural Engineering will be considered.
- Must be pursuing an engineering degree in Civil (with structural emphasis) or Structural Engineering at an A.B.E.T. accredited program
- Eligible candidate should have completed basic statics and mechanics of materials coursework.
- Completion of some introductory coursework in structural analysis and either steel or concrete design is preferred.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred
- Local candidates are strongly preferred
- Client projects for this position require U.S. Citizenship
Students who have recently graduated will not be considered. Please look for Entry Level Structural Engineer positions.
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to computers, phones, copiers, plotters and scanners.
Merrick does not pay relocation fees or provide a living stipend.
Apply online only. No e-mail, hard copy or third-party resumes accepted.
Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.