Intern – Mechanical Equipment Engineer
Merrick & Company is seeking a college or graduate school Mechanical Engineering student for a paid summer internship for Summer 2021 at our Greenwood Village (Denver Metro area), CO office. Imagine working on rewarding client projects and being exposed to unparalleled training and development opportunities! The summer internship has a commitment of approximately mid-May through mid-August.
We will be accepting resumes for this opportunity from approximately September – November. Resumes will be reviewed in December/January, interviews will take place in February/March and offers will be extended in March/April. Timeframe subject to change.
The Merrick Intern Program will provide an undergraduate or graduate student an opportunity to gain technical experience in the field of mechanical engineering. The summer internship will provide an undergraduate or graduate student an opportunity to gain technical experience in the field of mechanical engineering. The intern will be exposed to a variety of mechanical engineering items potentially including: detailed machine design, 3D modeling in CREO (Pro/Engineer), creation of drawings in CREO (Pro/Engineer), sizing of mechanical commercial components, stress analysis of components, piping systems, HVAC/Facilities design and exposure to NQA-1 quality requirements.
The position requires the collaboration with other disciplines, ability to interface with clients and contractors, follow schedules and budget commitments, work independently, possess good written and oral communication skills and the ability to problem solve. Must meet expectations for attendance and punctuality. Students who have recently graduated will not be considered.
- CREO (Pro/Engineer) strongly preferred. Solidworks, Revit, CADworx or other 3D modeling packages are sufficient.
- Must be currently enrolled and entering junior year or higher of undergraduate degree or currently enrolled in grad school
- Must be pursuing an engineering degree in Mechanical Engineering from an A.B.E.T. accredited program
- GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred
- Previous internships in Mechanical Engineering are a plus
- Client projects for this position require U.S. Citizenship
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers, plotters and scanners.
Merrick does not pay relocation fees or provide a living stipend.
Apply on-line only. No e-mail, hard copy or third-party resumes accepted.
Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing