Intern – Process Engineering
Merrick & Company is seeking a college Process/Chemical Engineering student for a paid summer internship for Summer 2021 at our Greenwood Village (Denver Metro), CO office. Imagine working on rewarding client projects and being exposed to unparalleled training and development opportunities! The summer internship has a commitment of approximately mid-May through mid-August.
We will be accepting resumes for this opportunity from approximately October – November. Resumes will be reviewed in December/January, interviews will take place in February/March and offers will be extended in March/April. Timeframe subject to change.
The Merrick Intern Program will provide an undergraduate or graduate student an opportunity to gain technical experience in the field of Process/Chemical engineering. The summer internship will provide an undergraduate or graduate student an opportunity to gain technical experience in a variety of process engineering items including PFD and P&ID drawings, process simulation and engineering calculations.
The position requires the collaboration with other disciplines, ability to interface with clients and contractors, follow schedules and budget commitments, work independently, possess good written and oral communication skills and the ability to problem solve. Must meet expectations for attendance and punctuality. Students who have recently graduated will not be considered.
- Knowledge of fluid dynamics and heat transfer principles and calculations are required
- Being familiar with Microsoft Excel is preferred
- Must be currently enrolled and entering senior year of undergraduate degree or currently enrolled in grad school
- Must be pursuing an engineering degree in Chemical Engineering from an A.B.E.T. accredited program
- GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred
- Client projects for this position require U.S. Citizenship
- Exposure to PFD and P&ID drawing is a plus
- Local or regional candidates strongly preferred
- Students who have recently graduated will not be considered. Please check our website for Entry Level Process Engineer postings.
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is located in Greenwood Village, which is Denver’s main technical center area. The Denver area offers a variety of outdoor and city activities to enjoy.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to computers, phones, copiers, plotters and scanners.
Merrick does not pay relocation fees or provide a living stipend.
Apply on-line only. No e-mail, hard copy or third-party resumes accepted.
Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.