This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility and the development and implementation of new programs. Under the direction of the School Age Child Care (SACC) Director/Program Director, the Program Administrator will be responsible for directing and overseeing School Age Child Care Sites and Y programs as assigned, including vacation camp as needed. The Administrator will also serve in Summer Camp when SACC and other programs are out of season. The Program Administrator will participate in YMCA Community events as needed.
- Direct oversight of School Age Child Care sites assigned with direct budget responsibly for those sites. Will travel between sites as needed.
- Coordinate staff and resources for sites and programs. Work with site supervisors, ensuring program meets the quality standards of the YMCA and NJ State regulations. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Coordinate and supervise program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Maintain program budget to meet fiscal objectives as assigned.
- Will support other programs, in some capacity such as, Youth Enrichment, Adult Wellness, Summer Camp, Vacation Camp, and YMCA events, etc., as needed. May be responsible for oversight including growth and expansion.
- Coordinate use of facilities for program activities and events.
- Assist in YMCA fund raising activities and special events.
- Models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
- Coordinates with SACC Director/Program Director, supporting the implementation of required training for staff as mandated by NJ State regulations and YMCA standards.
- Attends staff meetings and trainings as scheduled.
- Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Team Leader):
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Ys values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
Part-time – Before/After Care Site Supervisors/Group Leaders/Group Assistants
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience preferred.
- One year related experience preferred, as a coordinator of people or activities.
- Proficiency in business software and office equipment.
- Proficiency with budgets (fiscal exp.).
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Must Driver’s License, and transportation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device.
- The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, and must be able to move around the work environment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
SALARY: $39,000- $44,000/annual
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided
- Symptom screening and self-reporting
- Preventative guidelines/workplace safety trainings (social distancing, frequent handwashing, etc.)
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, participation in cleaning procedures
*Please note that given the current situation with COVID-19 pandemic, the YMCA is and will continue to follow recommendations given by the CDC, local, state, and federal authorities.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Additional compensation includes 12% retirement upon eligibility, 403b plan, generous PTO plan, professional development opportunities and complimentary use of YMCA facilities.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA/employer M/F/D/V. Employment is subject to extensive background check.