- Assist the Child Care Teacher in maintaining the organization/appearance and décor of the assigned classroom (bulletin boards, displays, storage areas, general cleanliness, etc.).
- Assist the Child Care Teacher in implementing an age appropriate curriculum.
- Work with the different age groups and classes upon request.
- Assist the Child Care Teacher in maintaining healthy and safe classroom environment of children.
- Participate in Parent Advisory Committee and YMCA sponsored special events.
- Participate in staff meetings, training and workshops to enhance professional growth.
- Provide consistent interaction, encouragement, nurturance for all children on all levels (floors, sitting at tables, etc.)
- Assist in YMCA fund raising activities and special events.
- Model relationship-building skills in all interactions. Assist in response to all parent inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
- Attend trainings and meetings in absence of Lead Teacher, and at other times as requested or appropriate.
- Perform other job-related duties as requested and necessary.
For full job description: