Interns in the divisional internship program are concentrated on Construction Management and General Construction working closely with the Project Executive, Project Managers, and other team members.
A maximum of two intern positions are available. One intern will be primarily in the field at job sites in NJ and NYC and the other will be primarily in our South Plainfield, NJ office.
Hours will be flexible based on the intern’s summer school schedule. These programs are only available in-person, not remotely.
Interns will attend and participate in Lunch and Learns, departmental meetings, staff meetings, and company events. If not already OSHA 10 certified upon the start of the internship program, the intern will be registered for OSHA 10 training. Interns at the end of the internship program will give a Lunch and Learn presentation on their experience with MFS.
- A student currently pursuing or a recent graduate from a four year or advanced degree specific to the area(s) of the internship program
- Junior, Senior, or recent college graduate only
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of AutoCAD
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to complete design calculations and/or technical writing
- General knowledge of construction
- Desire to succeed in a Civil Engineering, Consulting, Survey, and Construction Firm
- Valid driver’s license and regular access to a reliable vehicle
- Ability to drive to/from the office and job sites as needed, including NYC (not relying on public transportation or carpooling)
- Ability to work in-person following company’s COVID-19 protocols
- Satisfactory completion of a background check
- Authorization to work in the United States
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. MFS is an EEO/AAP Employer.
About the Company:
MFS is ranked #79 on ENR’s Top NYC Design Firm list and #16 Best Place to Work in NJ.
MFS is a multi-discipline firm that provides personalized services and solutions to meet the needs of our clients. MFS provides services to private, commercial, industrial, federal government, and construction clients as well as to other professional firms. We employ professional, technical, and administrative personnel.
Our headquarters is in South Plainfield, New Jersey, with offices in New York City and Puerto Rico.
If selected for further consideration candidate will be requested to submit supplemental documentation, including:
- Employment Application
- Unofficial transcript
- CAD drawings
- Technical writing sample
- If applicable, an updated resume
To learn more visit us at www.MFSconstruction.com.
Apply via Handshake or email@example.com by submitting your resume and cover letter.