Requirements: BS or BA from accredited college or university
New Jersey Teacher of Music Certification
New Jersey Criminal Review Clearance
Meets State requirements as “Highly Qualified Teacher”
It shall be the responsibility of the person in this position to:
1. Deliver a program of instruction to each child, giving due considerations to the abilities and disabilities of the child, the IEP from the individualized public school district and the philosophy of The Midland School and the state core curriculum standards.
2. Provide complete and appropriate supervision of all students assigned.
3. Maintain appropriate and professional communication with parents of assigned students.
4. Consult with classroom teachers and coordinate program with class and school wide curricula.
5. Order, inventory, and maintain appropriate music supplies for music instruction and school use.
6. Develop and direct assembly programs and programs off-site for groups using student performers.
7. Develop and implement special groups for students with musical talent and/or interest (i.e., chorus, instrumental instruction, drama).
8. Coordinate music program for Teen Arts Festival.
9. Provide training, supervision and direction to any teacher-aide(s) assigned.
10. Participate in staffing, conferences, and meetings related to any student assigned.
11. Participate in all staff meetings.
12. Remain cognizant of the latest innovations in the fields of music and special education and continually revise and upgrade programs to reflect these changes.
13. Attend select evening meetings and conferences.
14. Develop and maintain daily lesson plans.
15. Develop and implement effective behavior management programs for students in conjunction with support center staff.
16. Develop a Music Progress Report form and evaluate each student’s progress.
17. Perform bus duty.
18. Develop and implement a Professional Development Plan.
19. Perform any other duties assigned by Supervisor or Principal.