Speech and Language Specialist
Part-Time: 3 hours/day M-F (ideally 10 am – 1 pm during lunchtime)
The Midland School, in North Branch (Somerset County) NJ, a private special education school serving developmentally disabled students aged 5 to 21 is an equal opportunity employer and is seeking candidates for the following part time position: Speech Language Specialist.
- Must have experience managing feeding needs.
- Must have experience with students with multiple disabilities.
- Provide speech and language sessions according to the dictates of the IEP.
- Schedule speech sessions for assigned students or groups.
- Promote speech and language programming within the classroom by demonstrating or sharing effective techniques to staff members.
- Evaluate therapy sessions to ascertain their effectiveness.
- Recommend materials and equipment for the speech and language programs.
- Coordinate activities with classroom teachers to enhance speech and language skills.
- Perform audiometric screenings.
- Provide complete and appropriate supervision of all students assigned.
- Maintain appropriate and professional communication with parents of assigned students.
- Participate in student staffings and IEP meetings of the children being served.
- Remain cognizant of the latest innovations in the field of special education and continually revise and upgrade programs to reflect these changes.
- Maintain a log of planned speech activities and submit on a timely basis.
- Develop and implement effective behavior management programs for students in conjunction with Support staff.
- Prepare, update, and evaluate Progress Reports for each child served.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Speech/Language Coordinator or Principal.
- MA or equivalent from an accredited college or university
- New Jersey Certification – Speech & Language Specialist
- New Jersey Criminal Review Clearance