Mild to Wild Rafting and Jeep Tour Outfitter is seeking quality people interested in the field of Logistics, Business Systems, and other relevant fields. This opportunity offers comprehensive experience operating an outfitting business and outdoor recreation through observations, shadowing, organizing, and performing tasks within and outside the office. The ideal candidate is an adaptable team player with a positive attitude who is willing to work both indoors and outdoors performing a variety of tasks associated with the logistics of running our business! The Logistics Coordinator position is a leadership role that supports the onsite manager. This position aids with all aspects of trip logistics from prep and packing to transportation and de-rigging. These tasks include but are not limited to food packing and rationing, gear outfitting, transportation, facilities/vehicle maintenance, overseeing the ordering and maintenance of gear, ordering food and consumable items, and upkeep and organization of the boat barn.
Mild to Wild Rafting & Jeep Tours has been the Southwest’s adventure and whitewater experts for over 25 years. Started by Molly & Alex Mickel, Mild to Wild has grown from a small booth in downtown Durango, to running trips all over Arizona, Utah, & Colorado. With the addition of Adventure Bound USA in 2018, Mild to Wild Rafting & Jeep Tours expanded to open an office in Moab, UT, and run multi-day trips on legendary river sections such as Gates of Lodore, Yampa, Desolation Canyon, & Cataract Canyon. Mild to Wild is thrilled to carry on the nearly 70 year legacy of Adventure Bound River Expeditions. Our mission is to enrich our guests’ lives with an escape in the outdoors creating a deeper connection with nature, family, and new friends.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensure guides and drivers show up for tours and assist them in daily needs.
- Oversee that all trips are departing and being picked up in a timely manner.
- Work directly with management and head boatman to ensure that the logistical needs of all current and projected trips are met.
- Organize workflow and ensure that employees understand their roles and delegate tasks to employees.
- Monitor employee productivity and provide constructive feedback and coaching.
- Resolve problems that arise during daily operations.
- Ensure adherence to legal and company policies and procedures while at Mild to Wild and on the river.
- Prepare and submit an end of day report to management.
- A deep understanding of controlling costs. This involves developing policies and procedures, systems, processes, and metrics to make sure that costs are under control.
- Knowledge of Internal Controls and Compliance. This means that the design, development, and testing of the operational effectiveness of each control is the responsibility of you and your team.
- A drive to understanding corporate knowledge. What is the company’s culture? How is the company organized? How quickly are decisions made?
- Drive to constantly look for ways to improve efficiency. Applicants should always be looking for ways to improve through process efficiencies and automation.
- Experience working on all kinds of rafting equipment, basic carpentry & mechanical knowledge is a plus.
- Inherently driven by analytics and metrics. The results of a well-developed metrics program indicate how well your company’s business processes are working and where improvements were successfully implemented. Metrics also reflect problem areas and should have the analytics to drill down to find the solution.
- A clean and valid driver’s license and must be able to drive a 15-passenger van with a trailer, and back it up!
- Must be willing to work weekends, evenings, and occasional overnights in the field.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Adaptable to an ever-changing environment and keeping calm in stressful situations
- Must be accommodating to changes and with being on call even on days off.
- Skills to quickly learn our reservation system, Arctic.
- Keep up with their work communication outlets throughout the week (includes Slack, Email, etc).
- Possess the following skills: Precise and clear communication, active listening, ability to motivate and inspire, a defined and consistent leadership style, can manage change well, emotional intelligence, and the ability to build and maintain a strong team.
- Hire start date as early as March with a commitment through at least November 1st (Hire and end dates are flexible to accommodate school schedules).
- 2+ year commitment to Mild to Wild.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Pay is dependent on experience
- Go on Mild to Wild daily trips for free, and one multi-day trip
- Join a winning team with opportunities for growth
- Access pro-deal discounts on outdoor gear