Mild to Wild Rafting & Jeep Tours have been the Southwest’s adventure and whitewater experts for over 25 years. Started by Molly & Alex Mickel, Mild to Wild has grown from a small booth in downtown Durango, to running trips all over Arizona, Utah, & Colorado. With the addition of Adventure Bound USA in 2018, Mild to Wild Rafting & Jeep Tours expanded to open an office in Moab, UT and run multi-day trips on legendary river sections such as Gates of Lodore, Yampa, Desolation Canyon, & Cataract Canyon. Mild to Wild is thrilled to carry on the nearly 70 year legacy of Adventure Bound River Expeditions. Our mission is to enrich our guests’ lives with an escape in the outdoors creating a deeper connection with nature, family, and new friends.
What makes guiding for Mild to Wild unique? Well, lots of things! To start, Mild to Wild runs a huge variety of trips that help guides grow and develop their skills. We have trips on low volume creeks to high volume desert rivers in Colorado, Arizona and Utah. We run float trips on Class I, II, and III to consistent Class IV and V rapids. We run 2 hour trips all the way up to 6 day trips with everything in between. Because of the variety of trips we run we can have really long seasons! Our full time, career minded guides can have consistent work from late Feb through late Oct. So, whether you are a college student looking for a fun summer job in Durango, CO or Moab, UT, or a seasoned raft guide looking to further your skills and career, we have a place for you at Mild to Wild!
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Meet and greet guests.
- Load and prepare rafts.
- Execute crash courses in rafting.
- Give safety speeches.
- Most importantly lead a safe and fun rafting trip.
- Minimum of fifty hours of on-river training, utilizing paddles and/or oars and any other equipment.
- Colorado or another state’s guide certification.
- A friendly and can do attitude.
- Be adaptable and open to last minute changes.
- Passion for providing high quality customer service in a professional manner.
- Can maintain safety awareness and understand/execute safety guidelines and procedures.
- A focus despite interruptions and can handle stress appropriately.
- Hire start date as early as February with a commitment through November 1st (Hire and end dates are flexible to accommodate school scheduled).
- Commitment minimum 1 season.
Compensation, and Benefits:
- Pay is dependent on experience.
- Join in the fun and go along Mild to Wild adventures.
- Join a winning team with opportunities for growth.
- Access to pro-deal discounts on outdoor gear.
**If you are not a guide yet but are looking to become one, check out our in-house guide training course! Our course exceeds all state minimum requirements for guide training to ensure we are producing competent and quality guides.