Mild to Wild Rafting and Jeep Tour Outfitter is seeking quality student interns currently attaining a degree in the field of Business, Tourism, Marketing, Sales, Outdoor Recreation, Adventure Education and other relevant fields. This internship opportunity offers comprehensive experience operating an outfitting business and outdoor recreation through observations, shadowing, organizing and performing tasks within and outside the office. We will adapt our intern plan to give you the most experience that fits into your degree and goals!
Mild to Wild Rafting & Jeep Tours have been the Southwest’s adventure and whitewater experts for over 25 years. Started by Molly & Alex Mickel, Mild to Wild has grown from a small booth in downtown Durango, to running trips all over Arizona, Utah, & Colorado. With the addition of Adventure Bound USA in 2018, Mild to Wild Rafting & Jeep Tours expanded to open an office in Moab, UT and run multi-day trips on legendary river sections such as Gates of Lodore, Yampa, Desolation Canyon, & Cataract Canyon. Mild to Wild is thrilled to carry on the nearly 70 year legacy of Adventure Bound River Expeditions. Our mission is to enrich our guests’ lives with an escape in the outdoors creating a deeper connection with nature, family, and new friends.
Highlights of the internship:
- Gain the understanding of what goes into the planning, setup and implementation of various activities offered by Mild to Wild.
- Build personal skills by assisting and overseeing tasks such as cleaning, restocking shelves, organizing retail and other everyday tasks.
- Gain experience with reservation software such as Arctic & Hubspot.
- Enhance your problem solving abilities and willingness to learn.
- Brush up on your written and verbal communication skills.
- Improve on your ability to appropriately send emails and connect with people through the adventure experience and options we provide..
- Passion for providing high quality customer service in a professional manner.
- Flexibility to prepare verbal and written reports as requested and attend meetings.
- Work in a fast-paced & slow-paced environment.
- Can maintain safety awareness and understand/execute safety guidelines and procedures.
- A friendly and can-do attitude.
- Frequently use a keyboard and computer for long periods of time while remaining in a stationary position.
- Ability to lift minimum 25lbs and assist others with heavier items.
Commitment, Compensation and Benefits:
- Hire start date as early as January with a commitment through October 1st (Hire and end dates are flexible).
- Must be available to work on holidays and weekends.
- Minimum 1 season.
- Pay is dependent on experience.
- Join in on the fun and go along Mild to Wild adventures.
- Join a winning team with opportunities for growth.
- Access to pro-deal discounts on outdoor gear.