Milestone Academy is searching for a Principal to take on a key role in the school’s leadership team in Jenkintown, PA. The Principal serves as a mentor for teachers and provides overall support to the academic program.
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Assist and work with the Chief Academic Officer Assist with ensuring compliance with Department of Education regulations.
· Assist in the development of individualized lesson plans, goals, and success criteria for specially designed instruction.
· Conduct training needs assessments and provide initial and ongoing training for employees.
· Observe classrooms to assess curriculum staff and resource needs.
· Assist in the differentiation of curriculum to meet individual learning needs.
The Ideal candidate will have:
· PA public administration certificate
· Minimum of three years full-time teaching/ administration experience
· Master’s degree preferred.
· Experience implementing behavior management programs.
· Experience with curriculum development for children with special education needs.
· Team player interested in collaborating across disciplines within the school.
· Strong verbal and written communication.
Milestone Academy is a private licensed academic school that provides support for children up to the age of 21 who have been diagnosed with a variety of disorders. Our multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families, school districts and community partners to empower children in overcoming challenges and creating new stories in their lives.
Milestone Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information, please call 215 663 1160.