Community Coach Opportunity
About MindRight Health:
MindRight Health is a venture-backed, tech startup with the mission of making mental health care radically accessible and inclusive. We provide trauma-informed + culturally responsive, nonclinical mental health coaching over text messages to underserved communities. We partner with organizations by providing real-time data & analytics on youth emotional wellbeing to reduce the impact of trauma on student outcomes. You can check out a youth testimonial here and read more about our work in Forbes.
About the Role:
The Community Coach (CC) is a core part of the team and service delivery model. Coaches are matched to our members and provide nonclinical coaching during our coaching session hours (between 5-9pm ET). Coaches are guided by licensed clinicians who provide support during escalated or crisis situations to ensure the safety and welfare of our members. This is a direct opportunity to remotely support young people and grow mental health coaching skills.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provides members with personalized coaching over text message
- Pulls from evidence-based practices for managing traumatic and chronic stress, including CBT, ACT, MI, etc.
- Maintain appropriate boundaries in interactions with members and exercise judgment in accordance with MindRight Health values, policies, and protocols.
- Participates in 30 minute weekly coach team meetings
- Ability to work from a private, remote location
- Minimum of 4 days availability for 2-hour evening coaching sessions
- Will be required to complete background check and rigorous training program
- >1 year of experience working with youth and young adults from disenfranchised communities who have/had emotional/behavioral, mental health, or substance abuse challenges or equivalent previous experience
- Demonstrated commitment to serving marginalized communities
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize information and learn quickly
- Proven ability to collaborate in teams
- Full understanding of ethics in providing care to vulnerable populations
- Highly organized, detail oriented and tech savvy
- Ability to interact with youth and young adults in a strengths-based way
- At least 21 years of age
Compensation – This is a part-time, hourly role paid at $15/hr with ~8-10 hours per week
How to Apply