DEFINITION: The teacher will implement into daily student instruction, appropriate educational curriculum. The teacher will create and maintain an educational atmosphere that encourages effective student learning and supports school and district programs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Performance of these functions is the reason the job exists. Assigned job tasks/duties are not limited to the essential functions).
- Administer appropriate district curriculum which is aligned with Nevada State standards and conforms to district guidelines.
- Evaluate and grade students’ class work, assignments, and papers.
- Analyze student progress and provide appropriate instruction.
- Ensure assessment regulations and guidelines are followed at all times.
- Work professionally with administration, staff, parents, and community.
- Facilitate the personal, social, and intellectual development of students.
- Create and maintain a positive, orderly, and academically focused learning environment and respond to the individual needs of students.
8. Plan and implement effective lessons, using time, materials and resources effectively.
9. Motivate students through effective communication and evaluative feedback.
10. Display a thorough knowledge of curriculum and subject matter.
11. Attend and assist when necessary with school events such as musical programs, athletics, student recognition ceremonies, graduation, and open house.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR EMPLOYMENT:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (KSAs are the attributes required to perform a job; generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or training.)
· Educational theory and teaching practices;
· Principles and methods for curriculum and training design;
· Teaching and instruction principles for individuals and groups;
· Measurement of training effects;
· Education code, board rules, district policies, and operating procedures.
· Classroom management principles
· Provide instruction in a (elementary, middle school, high school) classroom.
· Work cooperatively with students, parents, peers, administration, and community members;
· Guide the learning process toward achievement of curriculum goals;
· Establish and communicate clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects;
· Employ a variety of instructional techniques and strategies aligned with instructional
objectives, in order to meet the needs of all students;
· Participate as an active member with other faculty and staff;
· Maintain accurate and complete records as required by law and district policy;
· Maintain and improve professional competence;
· Communicate effectively both written and orally;
· Establish & maintain a safe and respectful learning environment for all students
· Think and act quickly and calmly in emergencies; and
· Prepare course materials, homework assignments, and handouts.