Public Policy/Administration REMOTE Intern Job Description
GENERAL POSITION INFORMATION
TITLE: Public Policy/Administration REMOTE Intern
REPORTS TO: CEO, External Affairs Manager,
DATE: FALL 2021
FAIR LABOR STANDARD ACT STATUS: N/A
Duties will allow emerging student leaders to apply their knowledge and skills in a professional, non-profit environment. Interns are highly motivated students looking to make a difference and expand their understanding of the issues surrounding child abuse, commercial sexual exploitation, and sex trafficking. This internship will provide the student a greater understanding of how research, policy, and practice interact to positively impact our community. In addition, the student will develop an enhanced awareness of the structure and function of the state government, the federal government, NGOs, and academic institutions.
Interns have the opportunity to take part in local awareness events, congressional hearings/briefings, round table discussions, symposiums, and other events in the child abuse/anti-trafficking community to network with leading professionals. 15-20 hours remote work per week.
The following reflects the definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS
• Assists in research projects related to youth with problematic sexualized behaviors, child abuse, sex trafficking, etc.
• Assists CEO in preparing written proposals for grants, presentations and/or research projects.
• Prepare presentation materials, which could include handouts and/or PowerPoint
• Assists CEO with special projects.
• Performs general clerical duties including, but not limited to, filing, photocopying, faxing, and mailing (if on-site only).
• Demonstrates a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Unpaid internship experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards.
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
• Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
• Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
• Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Acute attention to detail.
Education & Training
• High School Diploma
• Current Student at Accredited Higher Education Institution
• Prefer experience with research
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here and representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations that do not cause an undue hardship on the company may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, as long as that would not hinder or prevent performance of duties, or be of safety concern.
_X_ Light: Lifting 0-10 Lbs. _ Moderate: Lifting 0-25 Lbs. _ _ Heavy: Lifting 25+Lbs
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
• Sit for prolonged periods
• Accurately complete detailed forms and reports.
• Perform some repetitive motion activities
• Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to speak to individuals and groups about the mission and goals of Mission Kids.
Working Conditions and Schedules:
· Board Members,
Necessary traits for this position:
X Seeing X Hearing X Talking* X Reading* X Writing*
X Basic comprehension of English language using the traits* marked above for purposes of safety, management
direction and job responsibility and minimal third party interaction.
X Proficiency of the traits* marked above in the following languages for business letters, memos, customer
interaction, presentation, demonstrations, employee direction, audits, etc.:
X English Spanish French Other: ____________________
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY
Mission Kids’ Interns are responsible and accountable for:
· Compliance with workplace policies and procedures for risk identification, risk assessment and risk control
· Active participation in activities associated with the management of workplace health and safety
· Identification and reporting of health and safety risks, accidents, incidents, injuries and property damage at the workplace
· Correct utilization of appropriate personal protective equipment