MISTRAS strives to provide a positive work environment that values excellence in safety and quality, free from discrimination and harassment. Every MISTRAS employee plays a part in our Company’s success and making this a great place to work. We are committed to a work place where all employees are free to raise issues, concerns and questions for the improvement of our operations and work environment. Safety is the overriding priority in everything we do; all duties critical to safety, quality, and environmental protection are carried out in compliance with all requirements and with personal accountability.
MISTRAS Group, Inc. is seeking a full-time Application Developer in Princeton Junction, NJ.
The Application Developer is the primary functional role for the creation of internal and customer facing applications, application integration, and database integration throughout Mistras. This entry level role, reporting to the Application Development Manager, will use a modified Agile approach toward creating and testing applications for large and small scale development projects throughout Mistras. This position is responsible for the effectiveness, efficiency, and security of applications and solutions developed within Mistras.
Responsible for designing and developing internal and customer facing applications, primarily using a low-code platform. Understands business, customer and technical requirements that drive the design of workflow solutions. Participates in all phases of the development lifecycle, including analysis, design, creation, test, and maintenance. Supports existing applications by analyzing new requirements, inefficiencies, or errors and implementing enhancements. Knows PL/SQL in MS SQL and Oracle and understands the basic database concepts.
• Provides a high level of Customer Service by understanding the Mistras business and offering solutions which enhance decision making, agility, and efficiency.
• Develops and tests effective workflow applications for Digital Operations by analyzing and understands the requirements provided by Digital Operations, best practices, and programming knowledge.
• Able to work in both Oracle and MS SQL database environments to ensure integration between all global platforms.
• Works with corporate management to understand business requirements and translates requirements into applications.
• Understand the full SDLC and the best practice controls around production security.
• Breaks full requirement specifications into logical pieces for distribution throughout the team.
• Ensures appropriate backup and version controls.
• Appropriately documents changes made to code.
• Creates or contributes to project schedule estimates.
• Meets all agreed upon project milestones and deadlines.
• Follows required corporate processes and policies.
• High level of knowledge PL/SQL for Oracle and MS SQL.
• Must have a mastery of querying relational databases, views, tables, and joins.
• Sequenced Query Language and other standard database query and reporting tools.
• 0-3 years of experience in developing workflow applications using an Oracle or MS SQL back end.
• BS degree in Computer or Finance or equivalent experience.
• Accounting knowledge preferred.
• Up to 50%.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
MISTRAS offers full-time employees company benefits that include medical, dental, life, vision, and a 401(k) retirement plan.
Mistras Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.