MISTRAS strives to provide a positive work environment that values excellence in safety and quality, free from discrimination and harassment. Every MISTRAS employee plays a part in our Company’s success and making this a great place to work. We are committed to a work place where all employees are free to raise issues, concerns and questions for the improvement of our operations and work environment. Safety is the overriding priority in everything we do; all duties critical to safety, quality, and environmental protection are carried out in compliance with all requirements and with personal accountability.
Mistras Group, Inc. is hiring an Electronic Engineer in Princeton Junction, NJ.
This fulltime role supports the Product Development department by designing and developing industrial measurement instrumentation for Non-Destructive Testing and Remote Online Monitoring. The Electronic Engineer duties will include electronic design of new products, generating design documentation, testing prototypes, and preparing products for our in-house manufacturing and design of robotic turnkey systems.
The function of the Electronic Engineer is to design, coordinate, communicate and be responsible for the development of Mistras Systems and products from design planning, through design, drafting, prototyping, testing, documentation, manufacturing, sales and product maintenance.
- Non Destructive Testing: Responsible for learning, understanding, using and enhancing and teaching others the non-destructive testing technologies that Mistras develops and markets. This includes, but is not limited to Acoustic Emission, Ultrasonics or Vibration.
- Systems Design and Development
- Responsible for overall system concept specifications and description, design, planning, coordinating of resources to complete the assigned projects on-time and on-budget.
- Responsible for managing the entire product development and being personally responsible for a major part of the system design concept and the actual formal design including; circuit design, system packaging concept and software design specifications.
- Responsible for all documentation generated during the design including engineering planning documents, design documents, drawings, production documentation, test procedures and system user and technical manuals.
- Systems Development Planning
- Responsible for formal product and project planning in accordance with PAC ISO-9001 standards and Policy and Procedures.
- Must plan and document entire system development plan complete with appropriate Gantt charts, product costing and time estimates, manpower estimates, resource scheduling.
- Time sheets must be filled out accurately and are due each Monday after payday.
- Task List due each Friday that is a payday with items completed, planned tasks for the next pay period with project numbers and estimated completion dates identified for each task.
- Communication of project status. Managing resources. Assist sales and customers.
- A Masters Degree (preferred) in Electrical Engineering or Bachelors with equivalent experience.
- At least 2 years direct experience in the design and development of electronic instruments utilizing analog, digital and computer based electronics. Electronic design experience includes designing, building, and testing prototype and generating production documentation.
- Experience in CAD, CAE, PC office packages.
- Proven people management skills, written and verbal communication skills and experience in generating engineering documentation.
- Experience with Digital Signal Processing, Altium Designer, Xilinx FPGAs, VHDL, Non-Destructive Testing Instrumentation are a plus.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS:
- Frequent lifting up to 30 lbs.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Mistras Group, Inc. offers all full time employees company benefits that include medical, dental, life, vision, and a 401(k) plan as well as Paid Time Off.
Mistras Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.