MISTRAS strives to provide a positive work environment that values excellence in safety and quality, free from discrimination and harassment. Every MISTRAS employee plays a part in our Company’s success and making this a great place to work. We are committed to a work place where all employees are free to raise issues, concerns and questions for the improvement of our operations and work environment. Safety is the overriding priority in everything we do; all duties critical to safety, quality, and environmental protection are carried out in compliance with all requirements and with personal accountability.
The Staff Auditor provides support to the Internal Audit and SOX compliance activities with potential for growth into the department as well as the greater Finance organization. The successful candidate will:
• Be flexible and able to work in a changing environment
• Have a passion for work well done and high focus on closing tasks (being the finisher)
• Have a demonstrated interest in the way finance is connected to the business
• Have an interest in the continuous improvement of financial processes and control procedures
• Be interested in continuous learning and training
• Have strong ethics
Finally, the ideal professional should have the ability to adjust their interpersonal approach to people and situations as needed in an often challenging and dynamic environment.
The Staff Auditor is responsible for performing financial and operational audits and other special projects to identify financial exposure/misstatements and operational inefficiencies. These responsibilities are under the direction of the Senior Internal Auditor.
The candidate will be motivated, curious, creative, result oriented, will be able to work independently and know to reach out to others and follow through to project completion; will be able to understand issues, ask appropriate questions to understand the root cause of issues being evaluated and adequately escalate them.
Good interpersonal skills, both written and verbal are required to effectively communicate audit issues to other members of Internal Audit and, in some cases, location management. Accounting skills and knowledge of GAAP are required. The auditor must be able to work in both domestic and foreign operations. The position requires between 30-40% combined domestic and foreign travel (audits are typically two weeks at a given location).
1. Documentation, Testing and Reporting
• Performance of audit field work such as substantive and compliance testing;
• Preparation of work papers that evidence audit procedures performed and that support the related audit findings;
• Drafting of questionnaires, summaries of results and findings to be communicated based on procedures performed.
• Assist with the review of the documentation of business processes and internal controls using various documentation tools such as flow charts and detailed narratives. Assist in the continuous re-assessment of risk and the rationalization of controls.
2. System Administration of Internal Audit systems (ACL GRC, SharePoint)
• Administering the creation, operation, modification, and deletion of username and passwords of employees in the systems
• Contribute to and maintain system standards. Responsible for system maintenance and upgrade testing, troubleshooting and coordination with system vendors.
• Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
• Train new users and provide support per request (respond to inquiries and produce job aids). Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Accounting, or related discipline
• Plans to obtain a CPA, CIA or other related professional certification
• Excellent Excel and Power Point skills
• Fluency in a foreign language is a plus (specifically German or French)
Mistras employees enjoy competitive compensation, work/life benefits and opportunities to continue developing their skills and building their career.
Mistras Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.