Date: Apr 15, 2021
Location: Lexington, MA, US
Company: MIT Lincoln Laboratory
The Technology Ventures Office (TVO) promotes technology transfer into and out of MIT Lincoln Laboratory. The office serves as a central entity contributing technology transfer strategies, expanding the pool of high-quality businesses with whom we work, and expanding our Intellectual Property (IP) portfolio and licensing activities. Among these licensing activities, nearly 100 software and data sets have been made publicly available through open-source licenses. As a result, academic researchers, entrepreneurs, and the greater open-source community have been able to engage, adapt, and co-creating extensions for the benefit of national security and future economic growth. To promote even broader engagement, the TVO is developing an interactive web-frontend to improve the discoverability of our organization’s open source resource.
- Design a new central gateway to MIT Lincoln Laboratory’s open-source projects
- Identify the design trade space: requirements, viable design patterns, implementation constraints
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user/process flows and site maps communicating design ideas and user interaction
- Implement HTML prototypes to help refine features of the design
- Draft a specification for follow on implementation of the web application design
Student must have completed at least their junior year of college in Web Technology, Human Computer Interaction, Digital Media, Computer Science or a comparable technical field
In addition, student candidates must demonstrate
- Digital media design experience (links to past projects or portfolio are valued)
- Proficiency with visual design and wire-framing tools like Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, or Gliffy
- Understanding of agile development methodologies
- Familiarity with open-source hosting and package management platforms like GitHub and NPM
- Excellent communication skills, including writing and presenting
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently
Selected candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation and must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret level DoD security clearance.
MIT Lincoln Laboratory is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or genetic information; U.S. citizenship is required.
Requisition ID: 33142