We seek to promote the finest playing conditions for golf courses, professional turf fields and landscapes. We base our advances on basic research discoveries and field testing across the diverse scientific disciplines of plant physiology, hydrology, soil chemistry, and aggregates science. Working at the interface of these biological fields, we help our customers meet their current and future needs through science and innovation.
Join our team:
We provide a challenging and rewarding research experience with daily opportunities for hands-on learning and professional development. This intellectually stimulating research experience will teach diverse research and analytical skills applicable to multiple biological fields.
Who we’re looking for:
We seek an intern who is passionate about pursuing a degree or career in biology, plant science or related scientific fields (i.e. turfgrass management, horticulture, greenhouse production, crop production, agronomy). Compensation will be commensurate with your experience, and will start at $15/hour with a 40-hour work week (8 hours/day, Mon-Fri). There are opportunities to be recruited on beyond the internship for a full-time salaried position based on performance during the internship.
- As a highly motivated undergraduate student, you will participate in a paid summer internship program performing field work, quality control, and data collection for multiple research and operational projects
- Field work will include time at our aggregates operation, on local golf courses, and at our Research & Development facility which are all located in southern New Jersey
- You will use your developing expertise within your area of study to complete various projects to further develop your technical and professional skills
Formula for Success:
- Undergraduate students majoring in a biological science and seeking to advance their scientific career
- Demonstrated academic achievement with a Minimum Major GPA of 3.0
- Active participation in extracurricular activities and on-campus organizations
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship
- A valid Driver’s License
- Outstanding work ethic
- Agility/Leadership potential
- Exceptional organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Must enjoy working outside to collect, test, and analyze samples
- Research experience is a plus
Lehn Weaver, MD, PhD
Director of Research & Development
1205 West Main Street
Millville, NJ 08332