At MMGY Global, we believe nothing shapes your view of the world like travel. So every day, we share our client’s stories from a perspective that inspires people to see the world differently. Our personalized service and strategy connect media, consumers and influencers across the globe, taking people to new places and changing their view for the better. At MMGY we inspire people to go places.
We have an immediate opening for a Social Community Manager in our Overland Park, KS headquarters. This position will assist the social media department with social media monitoring, communication writing, paid social, execution and reporting for clients in the hospitality, travel and entertainment industries. This person will support strategic social media marketing plans and aid in executing online initiatives.
- Works with project team and client(s) to execute social media programming
- Develops content for a variety of social channels including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Assists social media account executives and strategist to write and develop editorial calendars
- Reviews user generated comments and posts in a quick and timely manner
- Responds to comments, when appropriate, in order to foster a positive community and add value to the user’s experience
- Ensures work produced meets quality standards
- Aids client relationships at the project level
- Assists in the creation of social media reports on a monthly basis for clients that include an analysis of current social activity and future marketing recommendations based on trend data
- Utilizes social listening tools such as NetBase to generate insights
- Utilizes traffic procedures to streamline projects
- Ensures adhesion to strategic direction
Key Experience & Skills Needed
- Candidates must have recent experience managing social media communities
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, GSuite or similar tools
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate clearly in the proper social media “voice” and “tone”
- Understands all forms of social media interactions (blogs, forums, communities, etc.)
- Understands basic principles, deployment and reporting for paid social programs
- Knowledge of social media marketing tools
- Experience working within Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, LinkedIn
- Very high attention to detail
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- 1+ years relevant experience (including internships)
- Prior advertising agency experience is preferred
- Travel industry experience or knowledge a plus
- Degree in marketing/communications or similar preferred or equivalent experience
MMGY Global provides a comprehensive PTO + benefits package inclusive of a hybrid telework policy. Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa. MMGY Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
OUR VALUES MISSION
Our company will help to create a connected, inclusive, and peaceful world by promoting travel as a cultural bridge of understanding. We will empower our staff and the travel industry at large to create economic opportunity, community pride, and personal fulfillment rooted in the industries of travel, hospitality, and entertainment.