Who are we?
Mobot is an on demand testing platform – powered by computer vision and a fleet of robots – for mobile apps on actual devices. We help organizations in a range of industries, including mobile and e-commerce, IoT, medical devices and digital health with automated functional testing of their mobile products and connected peripherals. We give these organizations the accurate results they need to identify issues across a spectrum of mobile devices and operating systems
Mobot is at the cutting edge of quality assurance testing, creating a new platform that fundamentally transforms the way engineers can accurately and quickly get the results they need to improve their products. We’ve raised an initial round from investors in the B2B enterprise SaaS world, including Primary Venture Partners, Bling Capital, and Y Combinator to achieve this goal and have had great responses from customers so far.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for Quality Assurance Analysts to join our growing team! This role is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced startup and to be an integral part of our operations and growth. You will be the driving force behind our quality assurance and robot service operations, ensuring we find and report bugs and glitches to our customers so that they can improve their applications and for our team to improve our own product.
*Note*: Full and part-time positions are available. This position can be fully remote.
What will you be doing at Mobot?
You will help us build best-in-class operations for quality assurance and ensure our processes are scaleable and customer-centric. Key responsibilities include:
- Execute automated mobile application testing with our robot fleet
- Review test results, report/document technical issue, and help troubleshoot to ensure we provide incredible service to our customers
- Collaborate with our customer success and engineering teams to optimize both our services and client experience
- Detail-oriented – Our customers rely on us to find bugs in their software, and attention to detail is critical to documenting and troubleshooting errors
- Technology fluency – We use various technologies to test on mobile devices which will require comfort with using computers and smartphones (both Apple and Android devices)
- Time-management – You are able to deliver tests and reports in a timely manner while juggling multiple tasks at the same time
- Communication skills – You have solid interpersonal skills and are able to communicate issues and ideas with cross functional teams
- Startup mentality – you thrive in fast-paced, quickly changing environments
- Quality assurance background – you have experience as a Quality Assurance Tester or a similar role
If you’re interested in applying, please send your resume to email@example.com as well as your answer to the below prompt:
CREATE A USER MANUAL FOR MOBILE APPLICATION
As a Quality Assurance Analyst, you would be responsible for turning our customers’ quality assurance needs into reality by training robots to test critical use cases for the customer’s mobile applications. To get a sense of how you would approach this type of task, we’d like for you to build a user manual for a mobile application and share the documentation. Please keep in mind the following in your user manual:
- You can choose any mobile application, but some suggestions would be to select free, widely used apps such as Starbucks, Spotify, etc.
- You can also freely choose which use case(s) to test – we don’t expect every single feature of your chosen application will be included, but major ones should be
- A fourth grader or a grandparent should be able to use your manual in order to understand how to effectively use your chosen mobile application