Our Capital Solutions Summer Analyst position offers a unique experience on Wall Street. Our Capital Solutions Group raises capital for a diverse client base, structuring and executing customized public and private debt and equity financings. Financing transactions for our clients address a broad range of uses, including buyouts, growth capital, platform formation, refinancings, restructurings, rescue financings, recapitalizations, and project financing.
Our independence and objectivity, coupled with our direct and long-standing institutional buy-side relationships, inform our market views and strengthen the quality of our execution, leading to successful transactions for our clients. Debt products include ABLs, term loans, DIP/exit financings, investment grade and U.S. private placements, high yield, mezzanine and unitranche. Equity products include structured equity, venture and growth equity rounds, platform company financings, private investments in public equity (PIPEs), corporate and portfolio recapitalizations, SPAC IPOs & PIPEs, and a full suite of equity derivatives. The Group engages in direct dialogue with a wide range of institutional investors, including private equity, venture capital, hedge funds, alternative asset managers, bank and non-bank lenders, sovereign and pension funds and family offices.
As a Capital Solutions Summer Analyst, you will participate in a 10-week summer internship which will include training at the start of the Program. You will also have the opportunity to attend both educational and social events to help establish a better understanding of both the industry and the Firm.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Work as instrumental part of the firm’s dedicated 14 person Capital Solutions team over the summer to execute a full range of financial and strategic debt and equity transactions across both private and public mandates
- Assess a company’s optimal capitalization and sources of incremental capital
- Perform valuation and capital structure analyses
- Construct financial models to forecast and analyze pro forma effects of transaction structures
- Participate in client meetings and conduct due diligence sessions
- Prepare company marketing materials, and accompany management teams on investor roadshows
- Participate in deal structuring and negotiation (including qualitative and quantitative analysis and presentation of alternatives) and legal documentation
- Develop relationships and knowledge of buy-side investor universe
- Draft group presentations and capital market updates
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program preferably in a business-related discipline with a graduation date between December 2022 and July 2023
- Knowledge of business, economics and/or finance through education or experience
- Strong technical and computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, relevant market data services)
- Strong analytical, quantitative and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication