Our Analyst Program offers a unique experience on Wall Street. Analysts in Houston are exposed to all subverticals of the Oil & Gas sector, including Upstream, Midstream and Oilfield Services. Additionally, analysts work across product groups including M&A, Restructuring and Private Capital. The culture of our firm is one of partnership, passion, optimism and hard work.
Moelis & Company Analysts are expected to assume significant levels of responsibility requiring intellectual curiosity, motivation and analytical aptitude. Day-to-day responsibilities of an Analyst include: financial analysis and modeling, company and industry research, preparing client presentations and interacting with senior bankers and clients.
- Supports senior managers in origination activities including (but not limited to): preparing historical and projected financial statements, provide analysis of financial implications of mergers and acquisitions and conducting public & private valuation analysis for major corporations
- Involved in execution activities, including basic responsibilities such as data gathering, analysis and material preparation, as well as taking responsibility for managing standard processes such as preparing deal documentation
- Builds and applies valuation models based on financial research & analysis including comparable company analysis, discounted cash flow analysis and comparable acquisitions analysis
- Prepares analytical materials to support necessary credit, compliance, engagement committee and balance sheet approvals
- Conducts corporate operations reviews, portfolio analytic reviews and prepare risk/return valuations
- Gathers and processes market share data and shareholder and investor profile
Required Skills & Experience:
- Results driven and able to perform well under pressure and against tight deadlines
- Strong analytical and numerical skills that put you at ease with financial data
- Proven team player who is able to effectively interact with a wide variety of internal groups and clients
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Strong Microsoft Office suite (Excel a must) and financial reporting skills
- Undergraduate degree; focus in finance, business, accounting, economics, mathematics is preferred