Who We Are: Mohawk Global is a 225+ person team of logistics and trade specialists dedicated to fulfilling the supply chain needs of our customers with a strong emphasis on customs brokerage, domestic and international transportation, trade compliance, education, and consulting. Our business practices are driven and exhibited daily by our three core values: to ENRICH purposefully, to CARE personally and to DELIVER professionally. To learn more about our core values and what makes us truly unique in our industry, please click here.
We pride ourselves in being a highly employee-centric organization that truly puts our people (and customers) first! At Mohawk, these aren’t just words, they are demonstrable values that we put into action by our behaviors each day. We have been certified as a “Great Place To Work” for the past seven years…see what our greatest assets, our people, have to say about us here: Mohawk Global – A Great Place to Work!
We are currently seeking a bright-minded student to provide value-add contributions to our growing organization as a part-time Supply Chain Operations Intern in our Edison, NJ office! The successful candidate will be a self-motivated and detail-oriented individual who is excited to showcase their analytical skills and business-minded background within the fast-paced world of third-party logistics and freight forwarding.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Support branch operations with respect to imports
· Efficiently match available freight loads with available carrier options
· Track shipments, contact carriers, enter data into system, filing, and other duties as instructed by Leadership team
· Assist with industry research using the internet
· Participate in meetings to observe company process and enhance learning
· Communicate regularly with carriers and agents to build long-term, trusted partnerships and sell Mohawk services
· Negotiate pricing and prepare quotes for clients
· Maximize brokerage coverage by developing and maintaining excellent relationships with our clients and suppliers
Education and Experience:
· Matriculated rising undergraduate student majoring in business, logistics, supply chain management or related discipline
· Experience in negotiating with service providers and problem solving for mutual benefit (preferred)
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, Word and Outlook
· Must possess a strong attention to accuracy and detail
· Must possess polished, professional communication skills, both verbal and written
· Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment and be receptive to professional feedback regarding developmental opportunities
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Possess excellent verbal & written communications skills
· Excellent organizational
· Ability to work with others in a team setting and independently.
· Ability to multitask
Mohawk Global is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.