A vacancy exists for a Human Resources Assistant to work at the Montgomery County Intermediate Unit in the Office of Human Resources! The Human Resources Assistant is responsible for performing HR-related duties and supporting the HR department in all aspects to ensure smooth daily operations, including maintaining data integrity in all human resources information system (HRIS) records, systems, applications, and databases, providing compliance support, and maintaining personnel files and related documents.
- Qualifications:Minimum of 1-3 years of related experience.
- Prior experience in human resources in the educational or nonprofit setting strongly preferred.
- Expertise (includes one or more of the following):
- Professional approach to their work that includes very strong customer service skills.
- Strong technology skills, including extensive use of HRIS/HR systems, databases and spreadsheets, Microsoft Office, Google, etc.
- Specialized skills in area to be able to work autonomously as proven through work experience.
- Strong organizational, communication, and customer service skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with administrators and staff.
- Ability to possess high standards of ethics and confidentiality.
- Ability to work under stress and with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to work independently and make work-related decisions and exercise good judgement in prioritizing tasks.
- Original certificates of clearance from the State Police, Child Abuse Registry, and PDE FBI.
- Duties & Responsibilities:Update and maintain personnel data in all human resources (HRIS) systems and databases, audit data, create and compile reports from databases, run periodic reports as needed, and ensure data accuracy across all HR systems.
- Maintain personnel files and related documents in compliance with state and federal laws and district policies including paper and electronic files, I-9 forms, and employee medical files.
- Maintain the HR intranet sites.
- Maintain certification/licensure records for all staff, track and monitor expiration and renewal dates, assist staff in securing permanent certification/licensure, adding additional certifications/licensure.
- Track and monitor all staff performance evaluations.
- Track and monitor clearances for staff and contractors, track and monitor expiration and renewal cycles, etc.
- Track and monitor mandated employee trainings (e.g. Act 126, Act 71, Act 44, etc.).
- Create, update, and maintain all HR forms, including reviewing and revising forms as needed.
- Support internal and external audits by pulling documentation and testing selections; as well as recommending process improvements that might yield to improved audit findings.
- Assist with the recruitment and hiring of IU and partner organization staff, including posting and advertising positions, participating in interviews, conducting reference checks, coordinating onboarding and employment processing activities, conducting exit interviews, and other related HR functions.
- Assists with the planning, coordinating, and/or attending recruitment events, career fairs, and other HR-related events.
- Recommends and implements new approaches and procedures to continually improve the efficiency of the HR department and services performed.
- Completes special projects as assigned by the Director and/or Assistant Director.
- Project a positive image of the IU and its programs and services.
- Serve as a back-up and support to other HR staff members.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Director and/or Assistant Director.
The Montgomery County Intermediate Unit is located in Norristown, PA.
Monday-Friday, 7.0 hours/day, 12 months (260-262 days/year)
$39,279/year – $46,211/year
The Montgomery County Intermediate Unit, a regional educational service agency, provides dynamic, visionary leadership and effective, efficient services for constituent school districts, schools and students.
- Why Should You Apply?Competitive salary.
- Comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, prescription, and vision insurance coverage.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Eligibility for federal student loan forgiveness.
- Participation in PSERS (Public School Employees’ Retirement System).
- Paid time off benefits.
How to Apply:
Applications can be submitted online at www.mciu.org/jobs (Job ID: 719).
Please contact the Human Resources Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-755-9307 if you have any questions or need assistance.