Under the direction of the Director of Recreation and Visitor Services, and in cooperation with staff of the Recreation division, performs customer service administrative and clerical duties for the Reservations Section, including elements of troubleshooting, and completing related work as assigned.
• Processes reservations including but not limited to facility, picnic area, Showmobile, and the campground areas and inputs accurate information into computerized reservations system.
• Collects fees as required and processes payment, collects insurance documentation and submits it for approval, issues rental permit.
• Coordinates support staff functions (event set-up and facility maintenance) related to facility/tent rentals including but not limited to the Cultural Center, the Boathouse at Lewis Morris Park, The Lodge and Boathouse at Schooley’s Mountain Park , the Casino at Silas Condict Park, Craigmeur, and other areas for private events.
• Coordinates support staff for Showmobile rentals both on and off Park Commission properties.
• Administers and processes incoming telephone calls, providing information to the public, and distributing calls to appropriate individuals for response. Takes messages and relays them to appropriate individuals for response.
• Communicates Park Commission policies and procedures insuring appropriate compliance.
• Responds to complaints in a tactful, pleasant manner, in order to provide effective customer service.
• Maintains appropriate records and prepares management and financial reports and analysis as directed.
• Answers telephones, as needed, taking messages, forwarding same, and providing public information.
• Performs other tasks or projects as assigned.
• Graduation from high school or vocational high school or possession of an Equivalency certificate or any equivalent education or experience.
• At least one (1) year of customer service experience.
• Must possess excellent customer service skills and present a professional appearance along with the ability to problem solve independently and communicate effectively.
• Ability to work a Flexible Forty Hour per week schedule – Primarily Monday through Friday – however Saturday and/or Sunday assignments may be required.
• Ability to maintain an attendance record which is satisfactory to effectively accomplish the functions of this position by maintaining a consistent presence at work.
• Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal, written print and electronic form, to compose routine letters, memos, transmittals, e-mails and similar correspondence to the customers, park staff, managers, vendors, contractors, professionals, and regulatory personnel.
• Ability to comprehend established office routines, rules, and regulations of complexity and to organize assigned work and develop effective work methods accurately with a high level of attention to detail.
• Ability to manage multiple projects & deadlines, concurrent events, and adjust priorities accordingly.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Hands-on use of personal computer and applications with proficiency in Microsoft Office Products.
• Ability to learn reservation system software in a timely manner.
• Possession of a valid New Jersey driver’s license.
• The ability to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.