Research Assistant Position Available – Part-Time
Program Description: The Division of Gastroenterology in the Department of Medicine at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai seeks a Research Assistant to assist mainly with multiple colorectal cancer related research studies.
Position Description: As an integral part of our research projects, we are seeking one Research Assistant. Knowledge of participant recruitment, community-based participatory research, program development, health systems, public health issues, and health education planning and education evaluation is helpful. Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) assisting in the recruitment of participants for multiple studies; oversight of day-to-day research operations, including communication with participants; data collection through structured and semi-structured interviews, data management, surveys, and other modes of assessment; implementing study protocols (both online and in-person); creating and running study reports as well as various day-to-day office tasks.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in ethnic studies, psychology, sociology, related health and social service disciplines and/or equivalent work experience
· Exceptional interpersonal, written and oral communication skills including a great sense of humor
· Have the ability to prioritize and multi task
· Experience with Microsoft Office, include Excel
· Be highly energetic and flexible
· Able to work as an integral team member
· Able to work variable hours as needed
· Comfortable interacting with study research participants (in person and/or over the phone)
· Experience with research data management (e.g., RedCap, Excel) and survey and statistical software (e.g, SPSS, SAS)
· Grant or manuscript writing
· Previous experience working with ethnic/racial minority and other underserved communities and/or inner city communities
· Language: Spanish
To Apply: Please submit letter of interest and CV to Lina Jandorf: Lina.Jandorf@mssm.edu. No phone calls please.
Lina Jandorf, MA
Icahn School of Mount Sinai School of Medicine
One Gustave L. Levy Place, Box 1077
New York, NY 10029