Mountaire Farms is a vertically integrated agricultural company headquartered in Millsboro, DE. Over the last decade we have seen significant growth in our business and have established a reputable brand in over 80 countries worldwide. As part of this growth, we are searching for a dynamic and innovative new member to join our team in Statesville, North Carolina as a Breeder Intern. We are looking for an individual who values hard work, fresh ideas, and a commitment to Operational Excellence. At Mountaire we value trust, respect for each other, communication and sharing information. When our associates are successful, the company is successful.
To provide a meaningful work experience over a period of 8-13 weeks which is mutually beneficial to the Company and the successful intern candidate. Interns will be assigned a mentor and a project to be completed during their assignment. Interns will perform additional tasks; however, completion of the project will be the primary objective for the work experience.
- Shadow and assist Flock Supervisors to gain understanding of pullet and breeder flock management
- Shadow and assist Flock Health personnel to gain understanding of flock health requirements
- Observe and help with breeder performance late in flocks
- Gain an understanding of our programs used by working closely with managers and supervisors
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Agriculture background/ experience preferred
- Detail oriented
- Organizational skills
- Must be able to follow directions
- Must have good communication skills
- Valid Driver’s License and be have clean MVR
- Must be currently enrolled at an accredited college or university