Mountaire Farms is a vertically integrated agricultural company headquartered in Millsboro, DE. Over the last decade we have seen significant growth in our business and have established a reputable brand in over 80 countries worldwide. As part of this growth, we are searching for a dynamic and innovative new member to join our team in Millsboro, Delaware as an Environmental Intern. We are looking for an individual who values hard work, fresh ideas, and a commitment to Operational Excellence. At Mountaire we value trust, respect for each other, communication and sharing information. When our associates are successful, the company is successful.
To provide a meaningful work experience over a period of 8-13 weeks which is mutually beneficial to the Company and the successful intern candidate. Interns will be assigned a mentor and a project to be completed during their assignment. Interns will perform additional tasks; however, completion of the project will be the primary objective for the work experience.
- Update environmental compliance binders at designated facilities
- Travel to facilities in Delaware, Maryland, and Virginia to gain understanding of processes and environmental requirements
- Research and obtain information for assigned projects
- Interact with managers and employees at various facilities to obtain information
- Facilitate conversion of compliance documents from hard copy to digital
- Compile needed sustainability information
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Environmental background & knowledge
- Creative and detail oriented
- Organization & communication skills
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ideal candidate will be pursuing an Environmental Science Degree
- Must be currently enrolled at an accredited college or university